LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,709 Posts
Bob

Can someone tell me, where i can buy a decent set of lathe gouges, that will not take you to the poor house.
Please email me and let me know. Appreciate it. [email protected]
I have been using Pinnacle from Woodcraft. They are not the most expensive and seem to hold an edge.

Lew

·
Registered
506 Posts
Bob

Can someone tell me, where i can buy a decent set of lathe gouges, that will not take you to the poor house.
Bob…Here are some basic lathe gouges that will get you started. They are a good set to get going with and not overly expensive. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Bob

If your just starting out at the lathe (like me), you'd be amazed at the dirt cheap knives you can get on ebay and online.

YES Lathe gods, I know they can be junk, but they do the job for us lathe newbs ;-)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lathe Repair

I have lived in New Albany Indiana, for the past 5yrs, and have been unable to locate a Wood Lathe repair person. I Have a large grizzly wood lathe, that needs the speed control re adjusted, Tried several times, but can't get it right.
Called the Company and they wanted me to ship the head back, cost is outrageous. has anyone any knowledge of a repair person in the New Albany, Indiana area, or Louisville area,
e-mail me [email protected] thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.