LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey all,

I am hoping to start turning again, and I am aiming mainly for chair parts. One thing I am going to do is to build be a full length tool rest. Since I am turning chair parts, I will be needing a steady rest. Of course, the most common one that I see is the one that completely circles the work and has three wheels that support the work. This will not work for what I am setting up to do.

A few months ago, I saw a video demonstration of a well known wood turner (can't recall the name) using a steady rest made of wood. He waxed the rest and the work so it would not burn the work. The steady rest used a wedge to hold tension on the turning.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Can you help my feeble mind remember where I saw this?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
311 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.