LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
I think you will want to play around a bit to see if you can narrow your subject matter choices. When I started I was all about plywood and Steve Ramsey material. Now I am all hand tool, real wood and Paul Sellers. Most of the books I have are about joinery. What I am saying is things may change. You Tube is a great source to help figure it out too.

·
Premium Member
10,661 Posts
+1 on the Matt Kenney book. IMO, A very good starter book with some nice looking projects from easy to relatively advanced. I've only done enough to make the jigs that make it easier and to try a few basic cuts but the instructions are very clear so far.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
The Art Of Kumiko by Matt Kenney. Published by Blue Hills Press and available on Amazon

+2, easy read and about 10 patterns in the book. Have not done any projects yet, but some are on the list

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I'll need to check that out too. I did my first kumiko from the Pekovich book, but that is a pretty small section of his book. I also saw a guy who was selling kits and blocks and plans etc on Etsy

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I seem to recall that Matt Kenny sells kits and jigs too.

- Lazyman
I want to create it myself, if I buy all the material "I" didn't make it in my mind. But I thank you for the info maybe SPM can use it.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Which book to refer you to for more advance content, would depend on what type of woodworking you want to lean toward.

One of the books I have, "Woodworking Wisdom & Know-How". From the editors of Fine Woodworking. A larger size book, black & white pages, 10 1/2" x 13 3/4" and 4891 pages, pages are thin. I got mine used in very good condition on Amazon. A lot of good content.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not a book on Kumiko but Lee Valley has a 4-part livestream series on Kumiko. The first session was last week. Next in the series is Nov. 10. Full disclaimer: I am the presenter :) Also, I will be introducing new techniques on creating the small bevels. The best part is the livestreams are free!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not a book on Kumiko but Lee Valley has a 4-part livestream series on Kumiko. The first session was last week. Next in the series is Nov. 10. Full disclaimer: I am the presenter :) Also, I will be introducing new techniques on creating the small bevels. The best part is the livestreams are free!

- WoodSkills
I missed the live stream event for the Kumiko series am wondering if its available as a video anywhere to view now? Thanks Pat

·
Premium Member
4,326 Posts
Pat, you can watch it here Advance the play bar to 1 minute 40 seconds for actual video unless you like mind numbing replay of the Lee Valley logo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.