LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
721 - 740 of 871 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #723 ·
Four beer CEO's gather for a conference.

At lunch, they each order a beverage with their meal.

The Anheuser CEO orders a Bud Light.

The Coors CEO orders a Coors Light.

The Miller CEO orders a Miller Lite.

The Leinenkugel CEO orders a lemonade.

Taken aback, the others ask why the CEO of Leinenkugel has not ordered a like beverage. The Leinenkugel CEO answers with, "If none of you are going to have a beer, then neither will I."

·
Premium Member
7,385 Posts

Taken aback, the others ask why the CEO of Leinenkugel has not ordered a like beverage. The Leinenkugel CEO answers with, "If none of you are going to have a beer, then neither will I."
Funny thing, Leinenkugel makes some interesting beers and I've broken away from Anheuser and tried a couple of them.

·
Registered
22,875 Posts
Is there any understanding why the Beer swap, and knife swap were moved to "Marketplace Classifieds" Not sure it's self explanatory?
I think because they were in the “Trade and Swap” section on the old site and “Marketplace”is the equivalent on the new UI.

·
Registered
22,875 Posts

😂😂😂

·
Registered
11,067 Posts
Ok. I guess because of how "I" viewed my feeds at the old site, I wasn't aware it was in swaps, it was always just on the first page, and therefore always right there. Actually on the very few times it wasn't on page 1, I would post stupid stuff like Hello, hello, hello, asking if anyone was in there?

I do see now there is a brand spanking new category for "SWAPS" and it is just awash with past swaps of all types. A good thing.

Missing the old site as much as ever, said the cranky old fart....

Keebs, that was a great funny. :p:p:p(y):geek:

Now the Costner one, not so much....

·
Registered
11,067 Posts
Ok, posting this here because I care about you peeps. I know some of you do Social disease, errrrr I mean media. I do NOT. I've said more than once this is as close as I play in that game. My reasoning is Privacy, and personal freedoms, both of which you tend to surrender IMHO doing the social media thing.

Anyhow I found by selecting a lot of different tabs answers to 2 things. If you haven't noticed them, you may also want to intervene.

First I noted these "ALERTS" I was getting them for almost every keystroke I made, and I still haven't found a way to get rid of the ones I had created, but hopefully I won't continue to get them.

Under Alerts, it opens and there is a row of choices on the left side, look for preferences.

There is an exhaustive list of things you can get an alert for. I personally don't need a reminder of what I have done, or to remind me to check back in, so I switched all of mine OFF.

I'm still clueless about "PUSH" so I nuked them too. I think they are ALERTs that are forcibly jammed down your throat though.

The other thing I found was "PRIVACY" and evidently by default every BOT, and scammer/spammer in the universe is privy to everything about you, and can look and see it all, at least this exhaustive list made it appear if it's on this site, it's wide open to anyone.

Click your little icon, and go into ACCOUNT SETTINGS, again on the left is PRIVACY. Again a long list of everything you can give permissions to anything to see. Again I switched every one of mne off unless you were at least a member. Remember looking at the who is online list, and there would be 3 members, and 2,734 OTHER.... It's them I worry about, because I don't believe they are woodworkers.

Your choices here are: visitors, Members only, People you follow, and nobody.

"VISITORS" IOW BOTS and such.

Members Only: At least they signed up, but so did so many of the spammer/scammer crowd.

People you follow, looks safer than the entire universe.

NOBODY, I mean if it's Private, yeah I get that too.

If you make changes hit SAVE, yes you can swap back if you find it lonely without the bots rooting through your stuff

Ok, thats all I gots right now, but if you find a nugget, post it up. You's guys are like fambly.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Thank you Dave P. I will look into them later.

Thank you SteveN, I need to go into the account and see what everything is set to. Might eliminate a few selections from the defaults.

This will take a bit to get used to, but I think most will adapt after awhile.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Glad Keebs let you in Todd!

Do I have to go back to page 1 to see the list of participants? Or is there a way to keep it at the top of the page. Doing this on a laptop.

721 - 740 of 871 Posts