LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here's what we're doing (aka "the rules"):
The last and final swap of the year is going to be a knife swap. Whether it is a kit you bought and put scales on or did some forging to make one it all counts. Any kind of knife you wish. Extras are always welcome. Try to broaden your horizons and challenge yourself as that is the fun part of these swaps. Try to include some sort of wood in one of the items you send since we are all woodworkers and this is a woodworking forum.

YOU MUST PARTICIPATE IN THE THREAD TO PLAY! I'm very serious about this. I will drop you from the participation list faster than a drunk daddy with an ugly baby if you don't check in at least once a week. That means post a comment in the thread. Even if it's just "I'm still here and I'm working on my project." You need to post it. I think if you embrace the banter and participate regularly you'll have a good time and make some new friends though. If you're sensitive or can't take a joke though, you should probably just move on along. This is not the swap your looking for (in obi-wan's voice).
If you are new to LJ swaps I will require that you send me a picture of your completed project that you are ready to ship ON TIME - see dates below before your sender ships your package. Since there is no progress picture in this swap, this will ensure that everyone that ships a package on time receives one on time as well. Swap veterans can ignore this. Swap veterans will also know exactly why I'm doing this. I will NOT e-mail you or PM you a reminder if you don't provide this. Sorry but we're all adults. If I don't get this picture from you ON TIME, you will be dropped from the list and your recipient will be re-assigned to your sender. So PLEASE keep up with the deadline dates below and e-mail or PM me IN ADVANCE if there is an issue. I will work with you AS LONG AS YOU COMMUNICATE AHEAD OF TIME.
Other Stuff:

When you post your project, please use the tag knifeswap2022
For shipping reasons, unfortunately, we're going to have to restrict this to participants in the continental US. Sorry to the rest of y'all :-( but I dont think customs would play too nice with weapons being shipped across the border. Please feel free to play along at home though! Make yourself a nice new beer-guzzling or flesh-roasting accessory and show it to us when the rest of us reveal our swap packages! :)
To sign up:
Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]
Your email should contain:
LJ username
Real Name
Shipping Address
You'll receive an e-mail from the same address assigning your recipient and their address and information.

Dates:
If you're participating, send me an e-mail at the above address by Saturday 9/17.
I'll send out recipient information the following week sometime.
First time swappers MUST send me a picture of their ready-to-ship project by midnight CDT Friday 11/4
Please ship your package no later than Saturday 11/12 .
We'll post reveal pictures on Friday 11/18 or sooner if everyone receives theirs earlier.

I'll keep a list of participants below. If you send a registration e-mail but I don't put your name on this list in a day or 2, PM me or send another e-mail. Thanks for playing, let's have some fun!

1) Keebler1
2) DaveP
3) Recycle1943
4)GR8HUNTER
5) Pottz
6) RyanGi
7) HokieKen
8) TherealSteveN
9) WoodenDreams
10) Eric
11) BigShooter
12) ToddJB

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Tony we have been talking about the next swap and knifes was what several said they wanted to do. Would love to have you hang around in the thread though. There is still time for us to pressure you into participating lol

·
Premium Member
10,159 Posts
Sorry Tony we have been talking about the next swap and knifes was what several said they wanted to do. Would love to have you hang around in the thread though. There is still time for us to pressure you into participating lol

- Keebler1
I appreciate that but i am a horrible knife maker

·
Premium Member
28,534 Posts
tony i think you could handle making scales on the handle.hey if you get in i will ? keebs has already sent me nasty threatening pm's with pictures of horses heads in the bed !!!!! cmon bud you need something to get you back in the saddle my friend.

now keebs you say try and include some "wood".so does this mean your gonna back off on the beloved plastic you so dearly cherish ? and you say you "must" participate.everyone says that but we all know it's a bluff !

so im gonna have my lawyer review this and determine my legal rights.ill get back to ya ;-))

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Well I'll excited watch this one. I have no idea what I'm doing with knife making, heck I'm not even that great at sharpening them.

·
Premium Member
28,534 Posts
Well I ll excited watch this one. I have no idea what I m doing with knife making, heck I m not even that great at sharpening them.

- bigblockyeti
cmon yeti im sure your more than capable at cutting someone up ? that alone makes you a knife expert ?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I changed my plans up based on an email O received last night. Kits are ordered now to make the handle material. Yes Pottz I will make one handle all wood just for your viewing pleasure

·
Premium Member
7,387 Posts
I don't have a horse in this race but I just had to say that because of Covid 19 the worlds largest manufacturer of wooden yard sticks is not making them any longer.

- recycle1943
OK - I guess my twisted humor was higher than a 737 heading to Europe.

they are still making them and they are still 36" not longer

·
Premium Member
7,387 Posts
try this one -

one of the greatest inventions ever is the dry erase chalk board - It's REMARKABLE

1 - 20 of 906 Posts