LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I made this about 6 years ago and never got any photos and recently was back there doing more work so here it is.

The cabinet boxes are made from maple veneered plywood, drawers are dovetailed on tandem slides. the face frames are a beaded haunched with flush mounted doors on butt hinges. Doors are M and T with solid wood panels.

The wood was harvested about 200 years ago which makes it all old growth. the boards sat out of the rain, the wind and sun for almost 2 centuries so its as dry as a popcorn fart, filled with natural holes and a natural patina that is difficult, if not impossible to replicate. Most of it has no stain, the blue parts is a watered down acrylic paint, rubbed off and glazed with a dark brown, all finished with pre cat lacquer.

The kitchen has at least 4 secret compartments, one of which he has yet to find. he must have been ahppy with the work as I have been back to do his closets, mirrors, boathouse and more booked for the future.

Enjoy and thanks for looking

Photobucket></a>

Photobucket></a>

Photobucket></a>

and this is one of several mirrors I made for the same residence. made from re-sawn hand hewn barn beams, re-claimed white pine, stained black and dark brown

Photobucket></a>

·
Registered
587 Posts
Secret compartments? Thats pretty cool, did you give him a hint of where the last one is? Where are few of them that he has found already?

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words

one is above the plate rack, a door that opens up

another behind small drawers on the island

another above/inside the top shelf of an open shelving unit that opens down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.