LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
My kitchen and living room flow seamlessly together. In the future, I want to redo the cabinets with a dark wood like mahogany or cherry and cap the top with crown molding of the same wood. Right now, I'm about to put up crown molding in my living room and I was planning to paint it white, since all the other trim in my house is white. How should I transition from white crown molding when it runs into the cabinets? Should I return the white molding to the wall a few feet away from the cabinets, or should I just do an inside corner right where I hit the cabinets, one piece white and one piece wood? What do you think? Thanks!

Alan

·
Registered
474 Posts
I like a1Jim's idea. This gives a great transition without the need to marry two pieces you have to get perfect to work out.

I can't wait to see pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.