LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Curious about your basis for that?

Even in my shop, the difference between blond wood for storage items and white paint is highly notable.

After painting the interiors of ours, we noticed a huge difference in how much easier it seemed to see things.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
On so called norms, take a walk through the professional district of a big town, then a country town. For some, "the norm" is a suit. For some, its a flannel shirt and blue jeans. So called norms are not norms at all. They are just a select group's opinion, which differs from those of other groups.

As I said, NOT finishing the interiors of high quality chest of drawers and so on is the "norm," but it is because it's a lot of extra work and material cost.

The best way to describe it is, cooking a ham. The little girl asked why her mom cut the ends off, before cooking the holiday ham. Mom admitted she didn't know why. It was just that she was taught to do it by her mom. For that reason, mom told her daughter to ask grandma why it was done. Grandma replied: "That's easy, it wouldn't fit in the pan."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I can't thank everyone enough for all their input. I've read through each response, and appreciate it. There is no glass involved. There was breakdown in communication between project manager, contractor, and cabinet guy that we wanted to paint it all. Uv birch ply was already ordered. Which was fine, because I like the less risk involved in not painting inside. We have a lot of light in our house, so we would probably over time be dealing with paint fade and the insides looking different than the outside. All that consider, we are having natural inside and painted outside. Thank you again.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.