LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first LJ BLOG

Well, this is my first blog here at LumberJocks.com and for that matter my fist blog anywhere. looking forward to a nice 4th weekend coming and i hope to do a pictoral / blog of an upcoming project. once i choose one of the potential projects that has been bouncing around in my head i will start. hopefully within a week or two when i finish a number of smaller projects for the girlfriend, Toni. right now waiting on some glue for silverware and kitchen utensil organizers. She has been asking for these for about 6 months, since i bought the house we moved in together.

anywho, shutting down for the night. gotta find some dinner.

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
13,709 Posts
first LJ BLOG

Well, this is my first blog here at LumberJocks.com and for that matter my fist blog anywhere. looking forward to a nice 4th weekend coming and i hope to do a pictoral / blog of an upcoming project. once i choose one of the potential projects that has been bouncing around in my head i will start. hopefully within a week or two when i finish a number of smaller projects for the girlfriend, Toni. right now waiting on some glue for silverware and kitchen utensil organizers. She has been asking for these for about 6 months, since i bought the house we moved in together.

Cheers,
Nick
Nick,

Looking forward to your post!

Lew

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
first LJ BLOG

Cheers,
Nick
Your signal came through loud and clear on my computer.

I can't wait to see the project.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
first LJ BLOG

Cheers,
Nick
Welcome aboard Nick! Those were some very nice tables you posted…. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
woodworking names for a puppy?????

hey guys. random question:

my gf and i are getting our first puppy and we are playing the endless name game…. we need help! woodworking names are encourouged but any good, less common names are accepted and greatly appreciated.

the dog is a male black lab and judging by the parents he will be about 110lbs.

thanks for the help,
Nick

·
Registered
539 Posts

my gf and i are getting our first puppy and we are playing the endless name game…. we need help! woodworking names are encourouged but any good, less common names are accepted and greatly appreciated.

thanks for the help,
Nick
scrappy
sawdust

·
Registered
361 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
Elvis

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
Splinter?...Woody?...Herbert?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
Ebony

·
Registered
3,958 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
sawyer

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
blackjack (from blackjack oak)

·
Registered
437 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
Li'l Shaver

·
Registered
1,798 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
how about padauk (pa-duke)

·
Registered
8,142 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
Cocobola
Walnut
Jet
Grizzly

·
Registered
10,319 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
Splitter

T-Bone

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
Ebony is my first thought…black and heavy…just like your lab.

...Tucker…

...Sawtooth…Mallet…"Bark"ie…

Bench…(as in bench dog)

·
Registered
4,009 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
Knotty Dog

·
Registered
897 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
Disclaimer: These ideas come from a guy who had a dog named Uncle Leo and a cat named Thermos, and who would have no problem using any of the names below for his own dog. Maybe even kid. Or not.

Mortise
Butt Joint
Biscuit
Domino
End Grain
Jig
Bevel
The Schwarz

·
Registered
132 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
Stanley
Dado
Bailey

I liked Knotty Dawg, the best, or maybe something under the list of tags. Good luck w/ the pooch.

·
Registered
600 Posts

thanks for the help,
Nick
Knotty dog is cool! I was thinking Lumbermutt!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.