LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I made this jig a few years ago before I bought new 15" Planer and 8" Jointer with Byrd insert cutter heads.
I do still have a 13" planer that I use mostly with Molding cutters in it. so occasionally I still need to sharpen a straight cutter. This picture shows a blade inserted and ready to sharpen.

Scale Wood Composite material Hardwood Nickel

Wood Bicycle part String instrument accessory Hardwood Auto part

Finger Wood Gas Nickel Auto part

This picture shows how to insert adjust and tighten cutter in jig
Wood Gas Font Audio equipment Metal

This picture shows the lines on the back of jig to make sure you are getting the cutter lined up parallel to the edge
Musical instrument accessory Gadget Audio equipment Gas Wood

Hand tool Wood Tool Household hardware Hardwood

I always used this jig with a granite plate and sandpaper glued on from 12o grit up to 600 grit

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, this was an old post. I did not think anyone had any interest so I have not been watching it.
I did post under the last picture that I use a piece of granite about 12" X 24", with sandpaper from 120 grit
and up to 600 grit to sharpen these knives. This jig only took a few hours to make and works very well.
If you have any additional questions I will be happy to answer.

Have a blessed week, and have fun making dust, Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.