LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Hi I have a very large air filter made by axminster power tools UK which is a jet I am sure which they have stuck their own labels on .I need a remote control.They sell in the USA for $22 and that is £14. I cannot make head nor tail of the postage from the states it says free but that is only within the USA. Do you know who sell them I need one for this axminster the jet remote does it ok .But I can't seem to find a remote anywhere well I did but no companies are helpful when I live in Scotland .So does anyone have this same problem.I don't want to buy the air filter just the remote I have searched for two hours and nothing.Maybe someone here can help as they will be easy in the states I am sure. I have even tried Amazon,Ebay etc .If you can help I would appreciate it.Alistair

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hello Alistair,

I live near Philadelphia and could do this transaction for you once you're sure you've identified the remote that will work with your unit. If it's Frank's JET CPO unit above, it's only $20, but the problem is that the USPS shipping from US to Scotland will cost about $46. Being about half Scot myself, I appreciate that spending more than twice the cost of a part, just to have it shipped, is no small thing, so if we could find someone traveling from the US to the UK, it would be best to have it shipped to them, and have them pack it in their bag, to be mailed to you upon their arrival in your country. Alternatively, perhaps Axminster can be persuaded to sell the unit for a reasonable price? Regards-Steve

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I just bought one from Axminster power tools UK Gary is correct they are always very good company to deal with .Sixteen pounds plus del .Alistair

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.