LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just spent many hours trying to correct a excessive drift to the left and it turned out to be a bad blade. During this setup I see that my bottom wheel need to be moved out about 3/16" for the blade to run in the center of the tire. Does anyone know if this can be done. I filled out a feedback form on Jet's website but have not gotten anything back.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow 3/16" seems excessive. I have the same saw and mine was out by less than a 1/32" so I did not both trying to adjust it. I did check my owners manual but I did not see anything about re-aligning the wheels. However, I do remember seeing articles about this on the net. If I recall correctly they remove the wheel and put washer/spacers behind the wheel to move it out. However, if it is out that far, I would go the route of contacting the manufacture first. Jet may not be the most expensive saw on the market, but it is not the cheapest either… Good luck!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good to hear and thanks for the follow-up.

By the way. I am not sure if you use Timberwolf blades (best blade I have used so far) or not but I had recently found out that you can order their blades directly from the manufacture much cheaper than you can purchase them at the store. 1/4" blade is about $17 directly from Suffolk but costs $27 from Woodcraft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.