JDS Company - 2 HP Cyclone Dust Collector, Model 2100 CKV (Rating: 4)

First, let me thank all those that have taken the time and made the effort to write reviews. I've read hundreds. I appreciated them all. It's time for me to give back to the Lumberjocks community.
This is my first review….ever. I hope to be a little more diligent about writing reviews. I wanted to start with something that I really like - my JDS 2 HP Cyclone Dust Collector, Model 2100 CKV. It was my third big purchase after a new Jet JWBS-14SF bandsaw and a slightly-used Powermatic 2000 tablesaw.
I'm an intermediate level woodworker hoping to retire from my real job in a few years. I'm certainly not wealthy (or I'd BE retired), but I only want to cry once…when I buy the best <<fill>> I can reasonably afford and not second time, when I have to replace something that's less-than desirable.
I loved my shop vac Dust Deputy combo, but I quickly realized that wasn't going to get the dust collection job done properly on any of the larger equipment. I started researching and shopping dust collection systems. I had read about the health aspects of good dust collection, so I knew I want something that moved lots of air and had good filtration. I knew I wanted a cyclone system and canister filter. My shop is a 3-car garage that my wife has graciously let me take the 2-car side. I have plenty of 220V power. I wasn't prepared to purchase and install a stationary system with ductwork or I perhaps would have gone with a Clear Vue system. I wanted a big portable system. I looked at the Grizzly's. I had the opportunity to stop by Grizzly's store in Springfield, MO. Their portable systems were ok, but the staff was (in my opinion) terrible. So, next. I researched several other well-known and not so well-known brands.
I finally settled on the JDS Model 2100 CKV because it was one of the more powerful portable dust collectors on the market and it had the other features I wanted. JDS had a good sales/service reputation (which I can attest to). It's by no means 'quite', but for its size, I think the 2100 CKV is perhaps one of the quieter systems out there. Certainly, it is not obnoxiously loud.
The complete system is about 300 lb. You'll need help (3 persons total) with assembly unless you have some type of overhead hoist, fork lift, etc. The Model 2100 CKV has stout lifting eyes.
Mine has a remote control. After shutting down the main vac rotor, the canister filter has an internal 'beater' that comes on automatically and knocks accumulated dust off the inside of the filter. That can be a little annoying if you turn the system off and on a lot.
Let me preface my rating by saying that I don't anticipate giving out many 5-star ratings on anything. To me, 5-star means darn near perfect. I give the JDS 2 HP Cyclone Dust Collector, Model 2100 CKV a solid 4-star rating. I use the heck out of it. I'd buy the same one again.