LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IWF bound and need some advice

I am on my way to IWF, You know the Disneyland for woodworkers, and I need some help. I have two objectives this year. One to have a better finish and two replace my radial arm saw.

I think I know what I going to do with the spray gun. I am replacing my airless with an air-assisted airless. Any comments on that would be helpful, but I am really concerned on my cross cuts.

I don't use the radial arm saw much anymore. It is an old craftsman. Will not stay square and wobbles too much. I'll use it mainly for ruugh cuts. I mainly cut solid lumber on it there. I do most of my sheet stock work on the table saw.

I have a Dewalt miter saw, but it is not a sliding style and you can't anything wider that about 6". I think I'd like to get a sliding miter saw and build a really nice table and fence system with it.

I am going to try to ready more on the "tool review" section at LJ, but any comments would help. Let me know if I'm on track or if I need a totally new route. Even comment on the spray rigs.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

I am on my way to IWF, You know the Disneyland for woodworkers, and I need some help. I have two objectives this year. One to have a better finish and two replace my radial arm saw.

I think I know what I going to do with the spray gun. I am replacing my airless with an air-assisted airless. Any comments on that would be helpful, but I am really concerned on my cross cuts.

I don't use the radial arm saw much anymore. It is an old craftsman. Will not stay square and wobbles too much. I'll use it mainly for ruugh cuts. I mainly cut solid lumber on it there. I do most of my sheet stock work on the table saw.

I have a Dewalt miter saw, but it is not a sliding style and you can't anything wider that about 6". I think I'd like to get a sliding miter saw and build a really nice table and fence system with it.

I am going to try to ready more on the "tool review" section at LJ, but any comments would help. Let me know if I'm on track or if I need a totally new route. Even comment on the spray rigs.

Thanks in advance.
you have to make sure you look at the new unisaw too. saw a sneak peak of it and it is amazing! totally redone.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks in advance.
Teenagewoodworker, I just got an email with it on the unisaw from Fine Woodworker (see link) . Looks nice and will built and AMERICAN MADE. I'll have to run by thier booth.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Hopefully the new unisaw will be a big hit and the market gets flooded with a bunch of good ole unisaws.
Can't help you out with the sliding miter. I have a chop saw or a circular saw that I use for cutting long boards. Have fun at the show, Chris.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

Thanks in advance.
I'm jealous… I'd love to go. I'd sleep in a tent just to go… heck, scrap the tent… grass is good enough. I'm too far north to convince my wife that it's a "productive" three day trip… lol.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Norm Abram

I asked for some input for some equipment that I was needing on the last blog. I got more people wishing they were going to the IWF then helping with some feed back. That was okay. I got a lot of info and did a lot of walking at the show.

But to rub it in a litte I thought I'd share this picture.

·
Registered
13,709 Posts
Norm Abram

I asked for some input for some equipment that I was needing on the last blog. I got more people wishing they were going to the IWF then helping with some feed back. That was okay. I got a lot of info and did a lot of walking at the show.

You rat!!! :^)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Norm Abram

OK Chris… Rub it in…..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Norm Abram

alright for you~
One of two tv people I truly enjoy, (Roy Underhill being the other)

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Norm Abram

very cool, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Norm Abram

So, did you ask Norm when he was going to be joining lumberjocks?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Norm Abram

How nice. Is that your Dad, Chris? He likes woodworking too?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Norm Abram

lucky:)

Thanks for the post

Callum

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Norm Abram

Very cool… glad you enjoyed yourself.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
Norm Abram

who is that? (lol)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Norm Abram

Can I get one of those blow-up dolls too?

Great photo. I wish I had one!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.