LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
As sometimes she or he will surprise you and approve a larger purchse.

Went to the Woodcraft retail store in Walpole, MA this morning to get the Rikon grinder… While there I was looking at the Wolverine Jig. I was thinking "hey that would be great, but maybe later". We just spent a lot of cash on a quick California vacation. When my wife saw me looking at it, she said, "go ahead". So right now in the back of my truck.

Plant Packaging and labeling Carton Grass Box

Ain't she the best?

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations .
Just watch out for a huge purchase that only makes her happy, how can you say no after what she s done for you.
I can never say no to her.

Example: I was saving for a boat… We used the saving to buy a house instead.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Well you look pretty well set up there now Chris! Maybe I should try the same tactic… don't know that I'll get the same results. Was the Walpole one any better? Haven't been down there yet. Hope things are good with you.
Bailey

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well you look pretty well set up there now Chris! Maybe I should try the same tactic… don t know that I ll get the same results. Was the Walpole one any better? Haven t been down there yet. Hope things are good with you.
Bailey

- MrFid
Oh man… The Walpole store was like a different world! Friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff. Not to mention a fully stocked store. I got to check out their classroom. As a workshop, it was a dream. I might take a class or 2 down there.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
My wife caught me staring at a new Bosch ROS sander about two weeks ago, and put it in the cart. When I protested that I already had one, she only said that the shop makes us some nice folding money, gotta have the right tools….Could not argue with that!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Let me know when you sign up for a class. If it sounds like something I might be into we should do it together. We could carpool to save some gas if you like. During the summer I'll probably be busy with newborn stuff, but let me know anyway. Good to hear that it's better that Woo-bin.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me know when you sign up for a class. If it sounds like something I might be into we should do it together. We could carpool to save some gas if you like. During the summer I ll probably be busy with newborn stuff, but let me know anyway. Good to hear that it s better that Woo-bin.

- MrFid
Sounds like a good idea. I'll probably do it in the fall when race season slows down. I'll keep you in the loop.

Let's plan on going to lift a few pints some evening.

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
You know what Chris? At this point you certainly didn't get a super-cheap-deal … but it's HOW you got this deal!
But this surely will get you a big 'ol YOU SUCK from me!
My lathe went toes up a few weeks ago and my wife has been looking at lathes on her laptop and keeps asking "Is this good enough for you?" and "How 'bout this one?"
It's very nice to know that some of us have a real KEEPER on our hands ! LOL

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
My better half is incredible. I have to keep a close eye on her at shows and in wood type stores. Went to the Woodcraft store in Rockville, MD over the weekend. Before I knew it, she wanted to buy all kings of things that I never use. Then she goes over to the Laguna Mobile Cyclone and asks me, will that work in the basement? I have very limited space now, as nice as it is, that would occupy way too much space. She did put some things on the counter, I put half of them back but did keep a gouge, a Damascus knife and a few other things.

My wife is a definite "keeper" but I have to keep a watch on her.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.