LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Howdy, I am making a little "Krenov style" jewelry box and I am in need of a round bottom plane to cove out the inside of the door. I am not looking for anything fancy at all, a cheap old moulding plane would be perfect.

I really just need it to be in a usable state when it gets to my door. If someone has one they want to part with please let me know. $20 or less would be ideal.

Here is pic of the door in progress. The outside has been curved, just need to do the inside face and I'm pretty much done with this thing.

Pic in link: http://instagr.am/p/rqMvG3lSGS/

·
Registered
315 Posts
That was actually the first thing I considered. I've made maybe 15-20 planes. (my walnut plane is in that pic) I figured I could find an old usable plane for about half the cost of buying a new iron, material for a plane, etc. I'm not really in plane making mode right now, but I should put it on the list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.