LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
He's giving the boards proper motivation to fit the space he cut them for. He doesn't measure twice and cut once… the board cuts itself!
All jokes aside it looks like he lives off grid in the boonies. It's amazing how often a firearm is needed when you live in the woods. Usually it's stray dogs wanting a chicken meal but in the spring it seems like every critter comes out of the wood work.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Plywood drop cut to an inch or so less then width of tread and two 1 by's an inch or so deeper then tread. Slide 1 bys tight against skirts, place plywood drop on top of 1 bys, brad plywood onto 1 bys. Granted, you do have to remove brads after every cut but if doing treads is a one off no need to spend more time and money for same result.

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
My kind of Peeps. :geek:

There wouldn't be all of these "soft targets" that these idgits that go shootin people head to, if everywhere they went a taxpayer was armed, and right there. It's so logical it amazes me why it would shock, or scare anyone, but it sure seems to.

The anti's and the media have so villainized an inanimate object, that you would think gnu's are walking around without human interaction just popping people. Load, and ready a gnu to fire, and lay it down. Centuries later if not for human interaction, that same gnu would be laying there, still ready to fire, but so many don't believe it.

Well I suppose it could rust, but the guy in the video probably takes good care of his gnu, so it likely has a nice protective coating.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Maybe he lives in a "bad" neighbor hood? I have carried a gun (usually concealed) for over 60 years (33 wearing a gold star). but not in the shop or other inappropriate places. Carrying a gun "all the time" is making some sort statement or looking for a reaction; sort of like having a lot of tattoos. LOL

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Tactically, I can not think of anything worse than open carry. Covert is the best. Tactically if anything goes down, he goes first.

Nothing wrong with carrying, I was a an LEO for 38 years and carried day and night, but open carry is poking the liberal bear. We are enjoying some good times and good laws for Second Amendment folks.....open carry says I can, so I am going to.....
Just my .02

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
a right not exercised is a right lost, Az is open carry, constitutional carry and CCW carry, nothing wrong with open carry and the issue is really awareness of surroundings, in this time and age, especially for older folks, its only a matter of time till you do become the ''victim'', just remember the police are crime reporters for most part, not knocking them, but they can't be everywhere, one should be in charge of their own safety.

and funny the OP only got ''is he carrying a gun'' in stead of his tool information. oh my

1 - 13 of 13 Posts