LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
You need to look up the flow at 90psi and compare it against the tools you plan to use. Most list a minimum requirement.

This should suit most of your needs. I doubt it has the flow to paint a car, but for most things, it should be more than adequate.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, i dont plan on doing any real big projects. Right now im trying to justify why i need it since i dont use one to much right now. Mainly cause its loud and runs every 5min. Its used so what do I look for?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
what you have is probably an oilless compressor,they are loud,the one in the link also looks like an oilless.
I have found out, for a full size spray paint you need a (oil lubricated)compressor with minimum of 10 cfm @90 psi,13 cfm would be ideal.

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
I have one of those. I do spray some, not a lot, so it works fine for me. distrbd called it right is very loud, forget about talking when the compressor is cycling. I think there might have been a recall on it…I never took it in though. Can't even remember what the recall was in reference to. 150 is an ok price, certainly not a steal….offer him less see what happens.
Mike

·
Registered
28,289 Posts
That one in the photo is an airless. I bought a low model like that for $50 from a guy that bought a big vertical one. I have to leave the barn when that thing is running. Noisy as all get out!! It does have pretty good volume to run my die grinder, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.