LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Here it goes…........ I've noticed more and more that LJ members are complaining that some of the posts in the Coffee Lounge aren't about woodworking. READ THE DESCRIPTION!!!! It doesn't have to be about woodworking. Those are the rules. So, put a sock in it and let the members post what they feel they need to! You guys that think that the Coffee Lounge must be about woodworking can join in the non-woodworking stuff too, if you'd like. Jeeeeze

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
While I am, what I consider, very passionate about woodworking it's nice to have this little corner of the earth to
vent sometimes and I do have a lot of other interests in life.
Nice comment Juniorjock.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Need a break from all the standing and wood dust? Chat with your Forum Friends about their projects, their life, their philosophies, and get to know each other better. Whether you drink Coffee, or Soda Pop, grab a cup/can, and enter the world of our Forum Coffee Lounge.
No politics and religion please (see posting rules).

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
Let's see…

Assuming you go to the coffee lounge for a little non-woodworking conversation, what are you going to talk about? Just about anything in the realm of "getting to know each other better" or our "philosophies" is going to wind up involving politics and/or religion. Hmmm… we could talk about sex, but that would surely offend someone. I guess that just leaves the weather. But if we start talking about how hot it is, someone will bring up global warming and whether it is a real problem or not, and then we'll be right back into politics.

Maybe the only thing we should do in the coffee lounge is drink coffee and :) at each other.

·
In Loving Memory
6,973 Posts
The Coffee lounge is a great place to "chill out" and hopefully find some LJ members in a happy mood. Subjects can be interesting, informative and fun.
Here you can jibe at Cajuns and Sausage & Kraut people who give as well as they get. It makes us better rounded individuals. Go ahead, make someone's day.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Maybe instead of the Coffee Lounge forums we should get Charlie to do nightly shows, then we wouldn't have to surf around looking for something funny from him. You crack me up Charlie and you always add a light side to any post. Thanks for the Laughs.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Charlie is top shelf! I see spaids Glen Beck post didn't make it the night, I guess my 50/50 odds of it making 24hrs was a little high. I missed all the hilarity….damn. Have a great day everyone…..It's Friday!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Every Forum has a catagory for non woodworking subjects, whether it be an OFF Topic or Coffee Lounge Title.
It gives you the opportunity to share other topics with fellow members and maybe share a joke or two. I'll try not to be sarcastic so not to offend anyone but my take on it is if you do not want to comment or read posts that do not pertain to woodworking then do not click on the topic. Do your thing and let everyone else do their's. I for one Like the Coffee Lounge.

Mike

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I agree with you Juinorjock all of the "What does it have to do with woodworking" comments are out of place in the Coffee Lounge. What a boring world we would live in if there was nothing but woodworking to discuss.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.