LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have a small Shop-Vac brand vac whose hose is almost a perfect fit for the Festool dust port. I don't remember whether mine is the 1.25" or 1.5" one, but I guess you could look up or measure the size of the Festool dust port and pick the right size hose.

The small hose has a 2.5" shop-vac connector on one end which fits right into the port on my big shop vac, though I usually just duct tape the small hose hose to the end of the big hose for the extra length. One of these days I'll make an adapter to connect the two hoses out of PVC and/or wood.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
One of the best purchases I have made in a long time is this Bosch vacuum hose ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AV78B/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). The big end plugs directly into my 6 gallon Ridgid vac, and the small end plugs into most handheld Festool or Bosch power tools, as well as most other brands I have. It's light, 16 feet long, crush proof and bends very well. Yep, it cost a few bucks, but it's worth every penny IMHO.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
One of the best purchases I have made in a long time is this Bosch vacuum hose ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AV78B/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). The big end plugs directly into my 6 gallon Ridgid vac, and the small end plugs into most handheld Festool or Bosch power tools, as well as most other brands I have. It s light, 16 feet long, crush proof and bends very well. Yep, it cost a few bucks, but it s worth every penny IMHO.

- dawsonbob
+1

The 35mm also works for the other Festool products like the router and sander.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.