LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Just looked at Craigslist and saw this old rusty thing that looks to be a jointer.

"This is an older Sears Roebuck & Co. Craftsman Router for woodworking. "Approved Dunlap Tool" Motor not included. $30.00"

What you guys think? Would be worth restoring?

·
Registered
202 Posts
i probably wouldn't due to the time and money that it would take. However it would be a pretty cool antique all shined up w/ a new coat of paint. It could be something that is cool to look at, but probably not actually use

now if it had some sentimental value, like it was your grandfathers or something, I do it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Funny, I saw a similar one on my local craigslist? I took a pass on it because I figured under all that rust was a pitted and now hard to square top…..without spending the time to look at it physically I suspected that I would have to take the top to a shop and have it ground flat….anyway, if you have time for a project like this…it may be worth the plunge…for me time available to work in my shop is too short for me to take up this kind of project.

·
Registered
499 Posts
it's a shaper alright, looks well made but it seems to be driven by a pulley through the rear. seems complicated to get that set up again. but anyway looks like a nice machine when restored, do check if the shaft diameter is a standard one for wich you can actually still find tools.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I thought it may be more trouble than it's worth. Look's like someone else may get this beefy project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.