LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Classic Charles & Ray Eames Videos

Here are a couple of Eames videos I was just watching. Thought I'd share, enjoy. It never ceases to amaze me how inspirational these two are and, at the same time how humble they are!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts

Here are a couple of Eames videos I was just watching. Thought I'd share, enjoy. It never ceases to amaze me how inspirational these two are and, at the same time how humble they are!

That was fun. Haven't see Arlene Francis for a few decades either. Thanks, Fritz.
Something about Herman Miller - where's Neil Lamens?

·
Registered
14,592 Posts

Interesting videos - trip down memory lane, not that I was around then :)) Thanks for sharing them with us.

·
Registered
506 Posts

Hi Fritz,

This was great! Herman Miller is my parent company for my day job so I thoroughly enjoyed this. It is truly amazing how humble Charles and Ray Eames were.

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts

Oh man! Netflix has six DVD volumes of their films. Last winter I binged on them. I thought I was the only bent wood junkie on LJ. Glad to see you all! Viva the non orthagonal. "Were not out side the box, there is no box!"

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Modern Goodness!

Photobucket

For those of you interested in modern design. De La Spada is a company with lots of inspired solid wood pieces in their own designs or one of their several contracted design houses. Enjoy!

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
Modern Goodness!

Photobucket

For those of you interested in modern design. De La Spada is a company with lots of inspired solid wood pieces in their own designs or one of their several contracted design houses. Enjoy!
This is an interesting piece. I will have to add the link to my favorites.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Modern Goodness!

Photobucket

Very nice, and the example you posted is great.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Henry Built

Known mainly for their kitchens, Henry Built produces some stunning modern wood furniture.
yep. I know it's ridiculously obvious isn't it? I comment in response to bfd on that very subject in the bench comments. I'm glad you are enjoying the posts. I was partly inspired to start this based on your posting of the Thos. Moser vita chair in my chair design post.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Henry Built

Known mainly for their kitchens, Henry Built produces some stunning modern wood furniture.
I'm really glad you started this series-it's really opening my eyes up to other elements in woodwork and design (on the more "modern" side of things) that really appeal to me! Thanks! I have yet to get completely caught up - I'd like to check out the videos that you've linked to in your other entries…

In the wall hung case above, do you know what those deep center drawers are for? I wonder how their interior is configured.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.