LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, my name is Andrew and I am a supervisor for The Home Depot in Cadillac Michigan. I am in dire search of a Ridgid Cast Iron Table Saw Model Number TS2412-1 Hand Wheel Assembly. I have searched high and low as they are discontinued parts and I am wondering if someone on here has a used, broken saw that they would be interested in selling these parts off of to my customer. This would not be a Home Depot Transaction, it would be a personal cash sale to this customer. He is a wood worker and needs his saw to run his business. We as a store cannot get the parts for him.

The part numbers that would be acceptable would be 827452-1 or TH1001. It is BOTH big hand wheels which are silver in color with a black handle protruding that he needs.

Any information for this fellow wood worker or parts to sell would be greatly appreciated.

I can be reached at [email protected] or the stores phone is 231-779-2776 extension 420.

My cell is 231-920-1495.

Thank you and have a great day.

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
If you can't find an OEM replacement from Ridgid or one of the various after-market suppiers, you could look for a generic replacement from places like Grainger, MSC, McMaster, etc… They come in all different shapes, sizes and materials, and since you need two, you don't have to worry about trying to match to an existing one. All you basically need to know is what diameter wheel you want, and what bore size is needed (and some come solid so you can drill/mill/thread it to whatever bore size you need).

Cheers,
Brad

PS: This place does have them listed as available, so you got a slim chance of them actually having them :)
http://www.epartsnow.com/OemParts#%2fRidgid%2fTS24240_10%22_Table_Saw%2fGeneral_Assembly%2f6I01100005%2f01100005

·
Registered
1 Posts
Or do what I did in desperation, I simply locked a pair of small vice grips on the shaft while I completed my task. Now, three months later, the vice grips are still locked on the shaft ! I gave up the search for a replacement part about a month ago. The seniors among you may remember a Sunday comic strip entitled "Hatlo's Inferno". I am sure Jimmy Hatlo had a special place in mind for this particular manufacturer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.