LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm very new to the woodturning community. I have done lots of research and learning on my own (as much as I can without having a lathe). I am looking for someone who might have an old lathe collecting dust and would be interested in selling it. I would also need the basics for getting started, so anyone reading this that has any tools, chucks, tool rests, etc. and would like to get rid of them, please respond!!!! I am so excited and eager to get started, I hope there might be some of you out there that could help a newbie! :) So please help!!!!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Nicolee

About how much money are you looking to spend?
What are you wanting to make with the lathe?

I have a brand new in the box Rikon with 12" swing but you are to far away and just mailing it would be a lot.

So that is why I am asking how much you have or willing to spend.
I think I still have a few tools I can give you but I will have to look. I always try to help new turners and hopefully someone else has some extra turning tools and other things you may need.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I've been given the care of an old General 260 lathe that I'm supposed to sell for the owner. So far, I've not posted the information online (been busy and haven't had time to research exact market value).

The picture is below in case you have an interest but it's a rather large and expensive lathe for someone just getting started.
Machine tool Wood Engineering Gas Machine

I think similar ones are around $5,000 new. Used value I'm still figuring out.

Accessories and tools below will be for sale also as soon as I get the time to look up fair pricing.

Wood Font Art Auto part Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
So what are you looking to do? Do you want to make pens, spindles, bowls? How much were you thinking of spending? Also, where are you located? Turning is a lot of fun. I got into it a few months back and am looking to upgrade to a large lathe for bigger bowls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.