Makita - MAC2400 Oiled Compressor (Rating: 5)

I have to give two thumbs up to the Makita MAC2400. Just received today after selling off my old Campbell Hausfield 4HP 13 Gallon tank. My god that thing was loud! The Makita purrs like a kitten. After breaking it in, I ran it through a couple cycles. Recovers extremely fast and its such a pleasure to not be sent fleeing from the general area because of the noise. I know I have not taken it through its paces but I expect a long service life, consistent with a Makita. It is a little heavy but that just tells you that the thing is solid. I still find it to be portable. I can't believe I waited this long to get something better. I lose a little flexibility with the capacy of my old compressor, but this is so much more compact and quiet. I don't do much spray gun or other air tool stuff. Mainly just nailers, so this is MORE than adequate.

Since I have a collection of Ridgid tools I try to be a Ridgid homer when I can, but when I compared this to the ridgid 4 gallon, it was no contest. Went with the Makita even though $30 more expensive. Bought on Amazon at $298, no taxes and free delivery. I would call that a good deal.

I would highly recommend this unit.