LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,646 Posts
I just wanted to share this song with you all that I just love. It is sung by Johnny Cash and June Carter. I love this song every time I hear it. It makes me think of myself and my wife and how she could have married anyone, probably a better man than me, but how I ended up with a woman as good as her is beyond me but she still said, "I'd answer yes I would".

One chorus goes:

Johnny: "If I worked my hands in wood, would you still love me?"

June: "I'd answer you yes I would"

To another subject, we moved 1 hour away, our home and shop. It was a large and tough move to make. This past weekend we basically re wired the shop and added 6 220 and 2 110 outlets. We set up a RAS and miter saw in a 24' run with white Melamine counter top that is 24" deep. It is huge and I love it. We set our major players in an island style such as the 2 TS, the planer, drum sander, shaper, jointer and dust collector.

But most of that is for another post.

Have a great day and week.

Jerry

·
Registered
641 Posts
I enjoyed reading your comments on a recent post "A monkey working for peanuts". Thank you for being so open with us about your growing business.
I am just hoping you were planning to post pictures of the new miter saw and RAS bench you commented about building in this post. I have a miter saw bench to build and am still trying to gather ideas. Glad to hear you survived a move, I don't wish that on anyone. Good luck with your business and with setting up your shop. Aaron

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Here we play both kinds of music, Country and Western…

And throw in a little STEREOS tunes now and then to break up the monotony… they write their own tunes too.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Dang - I saw this when it was first posted and I can't get that song out of my mind. FWIW - I don't much care for country or western music but for me, this is folk music and I love folk music.

·
Banned
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aaron, when I get a chance I will take some pics of the miter/RAS station. It is nothing special but it works fine. We did 24" wide melamine about 24' long with a stationary fence to clamp a stop block to for repeat cuts and such. I am considering routing a groove and installing T track with stop block, that is a little better, probably a little more accurate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.