LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have a bunch of 2×2 stock of varying lengths. I have done pens and a spindle project(in a class) on my jet midi lathe. I am wondering if anyone can offer some ideas on how best to utilize my exotic 2×2's. I have also done some wine stoppers with 1 1/2×1 1/2 stock and just feel that the 2×2's that there is too much material there to waste doing stoppers with them. any ideas would be great.

thanks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi Kieth,

I did an ice cream scoop for my wife out of Birdseye maple and she loves it (see my projects page).

Rockler has the kits. You can also get kits for screw drivers. They make excellent gifts.

Bothus

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have seen some awesome christmas ornaments that have been turned, I don't recall the size but I would think that would work.
I have cut apart turning blanks and used the material for jewlery, toys and other smaller projects. I do a lot of stuff with the scroll saw, so the possibilites out of a 2×2 are almost endless. I am currently working on a Padauk Tractor for my son's birthday that is made from a few pen blanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the great ideas… (ahem, russv…). the stock is only maybe 8 or 10 inches long on the longest ones… and none are matching. the cane idea is probably not going to work just because I dont have the length available on my lathe. i would be interested in finding what games I could do with them..

I was also thinking doing some miniature decorative goblets… jewelry is another intriguing possibility.

thanks again, and if you have any more ideas and pics I would love to hear from you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.