LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am creating a box that I would like to put a routered edge on. I am not sure what edge would look good. The box is constructed with box joints (1/2 inch) and is with 1/2 wide material, walnut. I was thinking along the lines of a stopped cove bit on the outside edges because I dont think I want to go over the top joints. Any other ideas on what edging style works great on this type of constructed box?
Thanks

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
Edge treatments are limited only by your imagination. Your idea is a good one, but don't be afraid to experiment with routing over joints… sometimes you get a really interesting look.

·
Registered
247 Posts
IMHO, I would not do anything to dramatic the beauty here is the joinery. I have done a simple roundover or chamfer and that seemed enough. Again beauty is in the eye of the beholder so what ever you do, if you like it that's what matters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.