LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wearing out my Google Sketch Up

I have spent the last 4 months sweating here in Kandahar. I have logged many hours on my google sketch trying to pass the time creating numerous projects. Most likely they will never leave the computer screen. It sure does pass the time. I am dreaming of the time that I will be done my tour here and can head home to my wife and son and my workshop ( in that order if she is reading ). If there is anyone out there that is deployed please drop me a line. I will not talk about what is happening here, this not the forum to do that. All you have to do is watch the news, or read your local paper.

·
Registered
341 Posts

I have spent the last 4 months sweating here in Kandahar. I have logged many hours on my google sketch trying to pass the time creating numerous projects. Most likely they will never leave the computer screen. It sure does pass the time. I am dreaming of the time that I will be done my tour here and can head home to my wife and son and my workshop ( in that order if she is reading ). If there is anyone out there that is deployed please drop me a line. I will not talk about what is happening here, this not the forum to do that. All you have to do is watch the news, or read your local paper.
Rich
Keep the Faith …we pray for your safe return home …
Thanks for everything

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks, I appreciate your comment.

·
Registered
778 Posts

I can't imagine to give you advice on how to handle the type of situation your in, however to help pass the time you might think about blogging here how you WOULD make the projects you are designing. Sit down and really think it through.

Machinists do this on tricky projects to make sure they get the series of moves down.

·
Registered
226 Posts

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!!!! I enlisted in the Corps before they had a chance to send me a draft card, delay program in the 12th grade. It dosen't matter what branch of our great military you're in, every minute of every day always remember that the towel head's are wanting to kill you grave yard dead, "Us TOO"!! Don't get complacid and forget that and wait for your woodworking untill you get back to the states. My good man, that's what it's all about. (all of the thing's was born with an AK-47 in their hands) Kinda hard to figure out which ones that have something under the freaking bed sheet's they call clothes. No matteer what your MOS is, always be figuring how to make any and all of them pay for what they believe in, for they dman sure want to kill all of us non muslim"s here. Thanks for adding me as your friend list, for you're definately on mine. If ya want to use my personal e-mail and keep in touch, I can definately give you some pointers, wish I wasn't so old, I'd enlist again. Remember, we all bleed red, a KIA or WIA is a casuality, a bullet dosen't care whether you are black,brown,white,etc. A bullet dosent care whether you are a ralibuepcn or daoermct, again thanks for your service, gives me the right to set here without fear of being shot out of my chair. Never forget why you are over there "Better there than here"!!!!!!!!!! " A personal Semper Fi for you". Glad to see the red, white and blure still in our younger generation, even though half of the old ftras don't care as long as they get to cast their opinions at the polls for a dman party.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts

Good luck, hope you get back home soon. Thanks for your service…

·
Registered
82 Posts

Rich,
First and foremost, thank you and all the men and women for making our country safe. Why don't you post some of your designs, I would be interested in seeing them. You may have the perfect widget design that someone is looking for, or may have answered a design issue someone else is struggling with.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Thanks for your service, I was to young for Vietnam and to old for Desert Storm. My son finished his tour a year ago, 82 Airborne and is home working with his mom and I in the family business. Thanks for fighting for our rights to continue our lives as we choose.

·
In Loving Memory
10,319 Posts

Thank you for your service to our country, and return safe.

·
Registered
539 Posts

A humble thank you from a greatful citizen.

And remember, God gave you 2 ears and 2 eyes so that you can listen and see twice as much as you speak.

Keep your head down and your spirits up

God Bless.

·
Registered
13,523 Posts

Hi Rich

First and foremost thank you for your service to your country. Praying that God will bring you home safely to your family and love ones.

This is a great sight and many hours can be spent on it. The projects are an inspiration, the information is priceless and the people are supportive. The only problem is, the site can get addictive.

God Bless
tom

·
Registered
13,523 Posts

Thank you for serving your country. God Bless you and your family.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.