LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I just heard he was seriously injured in a small plane crash and felt what a shame it would be if he wasn't around anymore,he's truly a classy guy,never seem to abuse his fame,he's an activist/environmentalist who sincerely cares.
I really hope he lives on.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Also agreed! I saw something on him way back. He's a real fan of the DeHavilland Otter or Beaver forgot which one. I'm reasonably sure he also owned one. Wonder if that's the plane that crashed?

Maybe I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks Ken

EDIT: (Source, Reuters) "Harrison was flying a WW2 vintage plane today, which had engine trouble upon take off. He had no other choice but to make an emergency landing, which he did safely. He was banged up and is in the hospital receiving medical care. The injuries sustained are not life-threatening, and he is expected to make a full recovery."

Ford's son, Ben, said on Twitter that he was at the hospital. "Dad is OK. Battered but ok! He is every bit the man you would think he is. He is an incredibly strong man."

Like Father. Like Son. (Plane was a "Ryan Aeronautical" built in 1942)

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Just for you Roger!

Picture of that Plane a "Ryan Aeronautic 1942 Model" in it's Full Glory! That's a Radial Engine up front that was the cause of the accident.

Nice Looking Aircraft for 1942.

Chris: Yes. He was flying Solo. He's been flying for a LOT of years and is an Expert Pilot. I'm pretty sure that He's now in his 70's.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Aircraft Monoplane

Rick

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.