LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
403 Posts
I bought one of your R4512 table saws from Home Cheapo last summer. Big mistake. After correcting the Blade alignment issues and much money, time, sweat, blood, tears and replacing most of the critical parts such as the miter gauge, I thought finally I could use it for accurate cutting. Then there was the fence alignment issues and striped square nuts germane to the four bolts that hold the fence square.. again now we can make some accurate cuts.

Wrong! Every time I double checked the fence distance from the BLADE i kept getting wrong measurements then I noticed my $75 Freud blade was wobbling when it was slowing down.. I put on every blade I had and every blade wobbled.

Seems the arbor and or spindle is defective as well with every other damn thing!!!! NO ONE MAKES MISTAKES like this! ONE HAS to deliberately F-K sheet up like this on purpose!

I have gone to great lengths on every site I am registered on, such as lumberjocks, woodcraft,wordsmith etc. to warn EVERYONE to stay the F-K away from anything ORANGE with the words RIDGID on them!

You guys are a complete embarrassment at the best and a Criminal organization at worse selling CRAP like this!

As soon as I can replace this P.O.S., I will and turn this 4512 muther F-ER into a boat anchor and scream 24-7 about this POS and ALLLLL your woodworking machines. I have commented on none other than 2 dozen posts where people where people wereconsidering buying a R4512 or any other ridged tools and everyone said they were going for the Porter cable or other. THANK GOD I got through to them and saved them so much grief!

Trust me, you have lost many sales from just me and my posts! It's my mission!

I have NEVER seen anything like it. A complete, total and omnipotent cluster F-K on every wood working tool you people produce and sell!

A finger in your Ridgid arse!

Your company is a miracle really! A true miracle of incompetence

·
Registered
980 Posts
You need to open up and stop bottling up your feelings and let them out. Tell us how you really feel :)
No seriously (kinda): I have nothing Ridgid in my shop. I know that they made great pipe fitter tools at one time, and used to send these big calendars to their contractors with semi nekkid ladies standing next to pipe threading dies, huge pipe wrenches etc (go figure). But I have a problem with proprietary tool brands from the big box stores. I don't much care for proprietary anythings except maybe Kenmore, but that is probably now made by one of the major brands. I own a Ryobi 3×21 belt sander that I bought before they became a house brand for one of the Big Box Boys. No more, since I had to wait several months for a warranty repair part when it was nearly new. Just my personal feeling and I have some of every major tool brand in my shop. I buy based on research from reviews, features and value. I am not singularly brand loyal. But hey! Your problem even pisses ME off. I hate shoddy equipment that I shell out hard earned money for that turns out to be a POS. From my personal experience, buy a 1023 Grizzly in one of its variations. It is a great value with a low cost of ownership. It ain't a Sawstop or Festool, but that is a discussion for another time and place. Good luck! We feel your pain.

·
Registered
15,066 Posts
I always over research my tool purchases to avoid your experience. That said, I have a Ridgid planer that has been a real workhorse for years, a Ridgid jointer that has done it's job flawlessly for years, and an OLD Ridgid bandsaw that performs as advertised after a refurb when given to me. I saw a LOT of bad reviews on their tablesaw when I went to upgrade from my little Ryobi so did not buy the Ridgid TS.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Have to say I've never seen so many rants on that TS. To be honest, my impressions of the brand was junk. Then Charles Neil recommended the OSS and I needed one and took a chance, and absolutely love it. That little bugger gets use a ton in my shop and has never failed me. the combo of OSS/belt is great.

I would not get anything else by them, but that tool is ok.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Most tool stories, like this one, can start with "There was a time when…". I dont know how many tools were the thing "back when". Rigid was one. Key word is "was".

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I have seen the Many Many Rants on this Tablesaw as well , thats why I searched Craigslist for almost a year until I found a very well maintained Rockwell 10" tablesaw made in 1977 that as far as I can tell works as well as the 2 year old Sawstop that I have access to be able to use. In fact the Sawstop blade Raise and Tilt function are more difficult to adjust than the Rockwell , but that may just be that the shop needs to clean it more often.
I just replaced a New Rigid ROS (used for about an hour) with a New Dewalt and am very Happy with the Dewalt and now need to find someone to take the Rigid off my hands.

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
I've seen a good amount of folks some perfectly happy with their 4512 and some having problems. The one Ridgid tool that I've seen close to 100% agreement that it is a great tool is the Ridgid oscillating spindle sander. I've had a number of students buy one and loved em. Let's remember that these are not high-end tools ,the table saws are on the low end of the price range and the spindle sander is the best bargain out there in my opinion,does that mean these tools should not work property ? Of course they should work properly, but remember these tools are just a small step above Harbor freight tools and you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Ridgid jumped the shark when Emerson sold out to the chinese like nearly everyone else has. Many of my cordless drills are Milwaukee made in Brookfield, WI and they're the best, the German ones are a close second, those made in china don't compare. The fit, finish and overall quality have suffered significantly. My dad has a 10" Ridgid miter box, the old light grey and orange ones and it's a decent tool. Having used one of the nearly identical newer ones, it's very disappointing to see the direction this once great company is headed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.