LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
I'm almost sure that had something to do with the pieces wanting to push away from the fence as I'm pushing them through and me losing my finger. Well not totally to blame of course, but may have added to the problem. The thing is how do I straighten it. It is bowed away from the blade with the fence to the right of the blade. Any Help? In other words the bow starts at my belly goes right then bows back left. mike

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
Mike - You should be able to mount some faces on each side of the fence, then shim it flat as necessary. Several materials will work…UHMW plastic, birch ply, laminated ply, MDF, Aluminum, etc. Stiffer is better in this case.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I would consider using an auxiliary fence over the top of the existing fence (assuming it still locks into place securely), then use shims as necessary to bring it exactly parallel to the blade, as suggested by knotscott.

I use a variety of materials for the various auxiliary fences I fit to my rip-fence. Basically any manmade board will do, as long as it is stable - I even use cut-offs from plastic covered particle board (1 1/2" thick countertops), that is really flat and stable, it also provides a really "slick" surface for the boards to ride along.

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
I can't imagine trying to fix this fence or jury rigging something over it after what you have been through Mike.
I say get a new fence or saw. The price is to high to gamble with and experiment.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mike, Me and my dad both have the C10FL and had the same issue. it was only slight, but enough. Mine also had a little cup to it. quality 3/4" ply and some paper shims fixed it right up for both of us. I also moved my indicator over so it reads exactly 1" extra, and just have to remember to burn an inch.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Mike! What is the fence made from? Sounds like a extrusion problem. Is it possible to get an aluminun bar and retrofit it. Take off the front lock down and guide, and the back one, and remount it on an aluminun rectangular tube the same size? Just a thought.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'd search for an aftermarket fence and replace it. It would probably upgrade it too.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Thanks guys for all the helpful suggestions. I already have a 3/4 fir strip on both sides to give it heft and stability, and a t track for a rip fence. The reason I did that was because from the get go the aluminum fence was pushing pieces out at the back. I thought that would do the trick, it didn't. I'll try everything you guys suggest before buying a new one. By the way I skinned two fingers on my left hand, and I was using my safety equipment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.