LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have been messing with hand planes for a few years now, rehabbing, buying and selling on ebay. But never really using or understanding how usefull and valuable a hand plane can be. I have a 300$ power planer and a very nice joiner, but both need blades and resharpening. So after thinking about what a mess dual blades can make, i decided to use my rehabed #7 type 9 hand plane to smooth and square up the legs of a new workbench. I do believe i have gained some skills with a hand plan in just rehabbing and leaening to set one up.
I begain to flatten and square the first leg, i soon seen how fast and easy it was using the hand plane along with a straight edge, it was just PLANE fun! I may wait a while to order new blades for the power planers . Wish i had done this 30 years ago.
NEVER TOO OLD TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.