LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Great job Charles! Congratulations!

Enjoy your meal and whatever is left over remember to save. There are starving woodworkers in Michigan you know… :)

David

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
If you are half as proud as I was when I got my AAT in Auto Diesel Technology, then you are ecstatic… I was even happier with my AAA (Associate of Applied Arts) in Commercial Art…

A suggestion. Get good quality full color copies made that you can frame and hang in your shop or office, and some regular color copies if you end up with an employer that wants copies of your degree, then stash your degree somewhere safe…

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats on your degree!! I also am graduating. On Saturday I get my Masters of Instructional Technology from FHSU. I will be part of a record breaking commencement. The oldest master's graduate is also graduating with me. You might hear of it on the news. I think she is like 96 or 97. her name is Nola Ochs. Anyway, congrats and best of luck applying the new degree.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Congrats on your achievement. Your next project will be a nice new frame for your degree…LOL.

One thing for sure, I have never found any reason to regret the outlay of money and of time that I spent on my education. Having several degrees including a doctorate, I can assure you that my expenditures in this regard have been sizeable.

Education is well worth the cost though….you can be successful with out it - there are many fine examples of this….but you will find that more doors will be open for having a degree and the additional education it signifies - remember that you and your skills are a commodity in the market. You are competing with everyone that is in the market for jobs you are soliciting. The more you can stand out from the pack…the more chance you will have to be recognized and selected.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.