LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
That looks exactly like my onlder Delta contractor saw. Of course, Rockwell is what eventually became Delta. I have been very pleased with my saw. Take your time tuning it up. You can probably download an operators manual and parts breakdown at www.deltaportercable.com. I would bet that parts are still mostly readily available. You also might want to invest in some sort of a safety switch to install on it. I installed one that mounts on the underside of my fence that has a big red paddle so that I can easily shut the saw down with my knee, or whatever is handy. Also, take a look at my shop pictures and see how I made a router table to replace one extension and then made a melamine table to replace the other. I much prefer the slicker surface to those stamped steel extension wings like the saw is pictured with.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have a newer version but basically the same saw and I'm very happy with it. I purchased it for $60 which was a steal. If it runs well I would go for it. Also check the belt to see if it's cracked or worn as that will cost about $30 I think. You can see it by removing the insert. Good luck!

·
Registered
194 Posts
looks like a great deal on a Rockwelll contractors saw. It's made with sheet metal wings and a light stand so you can throw it in the truck and take it to the jobsite. This model was the first table saw I ever bought. Used it for years until I went into cabinet making and moved up to Powermatic. The only issue was the poorly designed fence; usually had to measure front and back of the blade to get it straight.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the advice guys. but it looks like its a nogo. I have been trying to get in touch with the owner but he does not answer my emails. It would be nice to know if he sold it. but oh well theres always more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.