LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Check out this font, designed by a fellow in North Carolina. I'm curious how you think he made the joint under the bowl and at the base. I'm not going to copy it, just trying to think through some interesting designs for a font and thought this would be an interesting exercise.
Table Plant Wood Wood stain Drinkware

Attachments

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay. I can see the joint under the bowl as a 3-way miter. That could work.

On the base, every joint I think of wouldn't be strong enough, I don't think. Did you have a specific suggestion for that one?

·
Registered
967 Posts
spline? through the uprights, diagonal brace, and the feet to tie them together and still use the half lap on the "feet"?

Dowell the assembly diagonally through the light colored brace after primary assembly? the dowel would be hidden accept the underside of the feet.

inset a three legged plywood "key" into the underside of the three way?

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm still not sure how one would do the base, with the legs coming together, and then the base, and how to attach all that for a strong joint.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.