LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello fellow Lumberjocks!

So I just received a huge box (about 10-12 lbs) of assorted veneers that I bought off of eBay. I haven't done any veneer work before, other than some edge banding, so I'm curious as to the safest way to store the veneer that I have. I'm afraid that due to the brittleness, I could end up easily damaging my precious new shipment.

All the pieces I have are between 4-10 inches wide, and all are about 13 inches long. I was thinking about getting some different sized Rubbermaid type bins to organize and store them, but I don't know if being sealed in a bin will effect them, i.e. warping/cracking.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Eric I sandwich mine between 3/4" MDF and use drywall screws around the perimiter keeps them nice and flat and I can move them around easier, I have alot and lean mine against the wall along with laying them down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.