LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have applied my first ever coat of spray finish via the Earlux 5500 to a 6'x3' table top. Enduro Var gloss. I now have orange peel after a complete dry.

I have sanded this orange peel down a bit with 320 paper and wonder how far to go? In some spots, it seems i have gotten it completely smooth, but in most of the table, i have just sanded off the tops of the peel - i can see shinny low spots between each peak which didn't get the sand paper.

I know Enduro Var is very good at self leveling, but before I try a 2nd coat, should I sand it all the way smooth or will it just fill in the low spots itself? I have dye stain under the coat, so very hesitant to go too far.

Could use advice on the peel of course as well. I think that i was holding it 8-10" from the table top. i have a 1.5mm nozzle and the screw opened 2 full turns. I know that i should hold it slightly lower, but Do i need more liquid coming out the gun?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Is the peeling due to your technique or are there surface contaminents impeding the proper bonding of your finish to the surface?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.