LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'm getting ready to build a sanding cabinet for my sandpaper sheets, discs, pads, blocks, etc. like this one:

and I'm wondering how you guys keep your sandpaper flat. In the projects I've seen everyone just lays their sandpaper on a tray. My experience with sandpaper is that it tends to curl after a while. I thought about a small block of MDF on each tray but maybe you guys have a better solution.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cory

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well, my solution isn't fancy, but it was very easy… Bought a large office folder organizer from Wallymart or Staples… they usually are around $10 - $15… they have multiple compartment folders that house each grit by size. I can mark on the tab the grit making it easy to find the grit that I need. The organizer has a latch that holds the sandpaper tight, keeping it perfectly straight and dust free. It's portable so I can take the sandpaper out of the shop to a project. I also use an organizer to hold tool manuals, etc.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spaids: Don't go trying to insert logic into my thread!!!! I'm sure it doesn't affect the functionality of the sandpaper, but it does make it harder to pull out and sort.

No joke, Paul, though I do like yours!

iamwelty/Skarp: Good idea on the file. I was just hoping for something a little more "woody".

Wayne: Good solution.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah Cory, Antiicipated that… I wasn't going to post my idea… but it works so dang well and it was sooooo easy… but it sure won't win any prizes at the state fair…

·
Registered
248 Posts
I cut all my sandpaper sheets into quarters. I keep them in a coupon organizer sorted by grit. I take my sanding outside, so this makes it easy to carry it with me. The quarter sheets are less prone to curl, and fit my Milwaukee ROS perfectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.