LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
14021 - 14040 of 14053 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Weather has turned cold and will be for the next few days. Cold as in 60 degrees. LOL

Man I'm just not sure about this new image. I liked the old image or Lumberjocks pages.

Capt. Klutz, Well here is the story on my saw problems. I had a hard time trying to find a capacitor that would work. My BIL who happens to know a few things about electricity found one for me for about $20. It had a MFD range of 450 to 550, it didn't work. So I finally sent away for one through Amazon. It took about a month to get here from China and it got here today. I put it on the motor and it didn't work. So now the motor is going to the Electric motor shop to get looked at on Monday.
Crap oh dear! It's either that or buy a new motor for around $600, Gulp!

Stay safe my friends,

Catch U Later.

·
Premium Member
33,499 Posts
52 clear degrees outside, and dark. Continued dark until morning...chance of Frost tonight...Boss had to bring her "Outside" plants into the house....Welcome to the Jungle sounding in the background...

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
Don, I stumble upon a thingy here that's pretty much like the old forum page. Ya got to hit that NEW button in the top right hand corner near your picture. the you find the brown bar down the page a ways and tap on popular. That brings to a page like the old forum page. I think that's where I'm going to keep doing instead of hunting all over the countryside here. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Welcome to FALL!
Fall equinox has arrived. It's officially fall season. Now where is my cool weather? 🥶

Mostly cloudy day in Phoenix today, except for dose of sunshine mid-afternoon.
Low as 80°, high was 99°, with a lot of humidity.
Rainfall total last 48 hours at Klutz zoo due Mexico TS moisture was just over 1/2". :)

Currently 85° with 60% RH, which feels like 90°.
Ten day forecast shows we dry out, and hit triple digit highs again over weekend.
sigh....

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Sunny, 90° with 52% RH. Too muggy for me....

Forecast high is 96° with slight chance of afternoon/evening rain.

Klutz Zoo Drama:
Daughter flew into town from NY a couple days ago. Today is family day as she tries to visit everyone she misses, then we take her back to airport for return trip in a few hours.
Puts a wrench in any plans I had. ;)

@BurlyBob and rest of weather nuts: Think I found a quasi replacement for pulse page, at least the my watched thread portion?
Go to your profile icon, and click on Following.
Takes you to this link: https://www.lumberjocks.com/watched/threads

The headers have links to quickly access your own threads, and it even differentiates between threads you follow and participate.
Bookmarked this link as my start page for new the LJ site. If nothing is highlighted meaning it is new, press NEW button looking for anything interesting; or walk away when no time for BS.

Be Happy, Healthy, and Safe!

·
Premium Member
25,661 Posts
Cloudy and 60s in WW.

"
@BurlyBob and rest of weather nuts: Think I found a quasi replacement for pulse page, at least the my watched thread portion?
Go to your profile icon, and click on Following.
Takes you to this link: https://www.lumberjocks.com/watched/threads "

Thanks CaptK, probably the best substitute for the emails that took us to the first new post.

Reactions: bandit571

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Firewood Mike: if you happen to be on a Mac, option-shift-8 will give you the degree symbol.

Rick, congratulations on getting back in the shop. Baby steps, buddy, baby steps.
Hey gang,

Here we go with part 2 of the weather reports…..It is 22 out now, and the low will be 16 and expected to be cold for the next few days and nights….It will get down into the twenties for highs, and in the teens for lows…..Everyone stay warm and toasty as possible…..If you live in non cold country, stay cool as you can…..!!! And let us know what's happening in your neck of the woods as far as the weather goes…!!!
Northern Rivers NSW around Ant Mans farm
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Plant Natural landscape

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Had a sprinkle just after dinner last night. Small monsoon shower gave some east valley areas over 1/4", but heavy stuff just missed the zoo.

Morning low was strange today? Started off at 78° with 68% RH, then cooled down to 71° as sun rose and burned off some moisture.

Have 88° with 45% RH mid-morning.
Forecast high is 100°

@Firewood Seems you may be getting a "welcome to new home" present from Mother Nature. How is new home for hurricane protection?
Do you know your evacuation zone?
Map Ecoregion World Screenshot Rectangle

Hope you stay safe!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Good evening all. It's 79° after a high of 88. No rain since we got our gutters installed. But that's about to change. Ian is ramping up and and they're starting to hint at cat4. When there us an evacuation, I hear most people come here to wait it out. Stay tuned.

Spent the day putting up a 4x8 foot "basement". Since we don't have one anymore, I put up a hanging rack for a bunch of tubs, etc. It cleaned up a bunch of space in the garage, but there's still more cleanup needed.

Stay safe and healthy everyone

·
Premium Member
21,688 Posts
Good morning all. My thermometer has been stuck on 75 for a few weeks so I have no idea what the temp is outside. I'm guessing around 58 this morning. Going to a high of 82 or so. Dry.
A friend of mine who was also a member here but not active for a few years, was killed at his sawmill a few days ago. It seems he was using his tractor and loader to move a log and some kind of accident happened. He was from Georgia and his name here was WDHLT15 if any of you remember him. He was a guru of identifying types of wood and trees. Very sad.

14021 - 14040 of 14053 Posts