LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
13981 - 14000 of 14053 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Good morning all. It's 72° with 100% RH. It's been typical weather here. Temps climb to 90°, rain moves through and lowers the temp, sun come out…..

We've got the house mostly put together. Can't say the same for the workshop. The mini split will be installed in a couple weeks. That'll make it easier to spend more time in there. I've been keeping it closed up with a dehumidifier keeping humidity in check for now.

Stay safe and healthy

·
Registered
490 Posts
Good morning all. It s 72° with 100% RH. It s been typical weather here. Temps climb to 90°, rain moves through and lowers the temp, sun come out…..

We ve got the house mostly put together. Can t say the same for the workshop. The mini split will be installed in a couple weeks. That ll make it easier to spend more time in there. I ve been keeping it closed up with a dehumidifier keeping humidity in check for now.

Stay safe and healthy

- Firewood
Nothing like working on a new house or shop. You will like the mini split!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
58 chilly, cloudy degrees outside…chance of rain? And it is a Monday, meh….

- bandit571
Happy to report getting the cooler mornings here as well. But no rain in forecast for next 10 days….it clouds up but nothing falls.

Speaking of falls, it will be leaf sweeping time soon! Ah the joys of living in the woods….....

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Happy Monday!!

Morning low was 73°, but sun is shining over the zoo, and it's already 78°.
Muggy start with 85% RH outside.

Last night's rain total was just below 1/2". :)

Expecting partly cloudy skies and 95° high, with continued chance of scattered thunderstorms again today as remnants of hurricane Kay sends moisture from Gulf of California into Arizona.

Have a Quacktor appt this morning, and some errands to run; no time for drama update.

Be Happy, Healthy, and Safe!

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Still nice and warm here headed to 82° this afternoon with no shortage of humidity. It was only 67° at the bus stop this morning and the humidity made it feel like mid-70's. No rain in the forecast until maybe next week but anything beyond 3 days out, they're just guessing anyway.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,988 ·
Afternoon gang,
Watercraft Boat Sky Motor vehicle Boat trailer

It was a cool start to today's weather. The low says it was 49, but I think closer to 50. Started out being clabbered, but turned sunny rather quickly. It's 78 now, and will get to 80, with lots more sun. Low in the morning will be 52-53, and maybe hit 86-87 tomorrow…..!!

Mike…Glad to hear you're getting your resident in order…..Just take the time, and enjoy the ride….There will be plenty to do when you start putting your shop in order…What joy to see a new shop come to life…!!

Burly Bob….Don't fret and don't sweat the small stuff….you'll get there. Just go at your own pace.

Jim…..You showed me your new boat. Glad you got it under cover and safe. Now I'll show you mine…!!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have fished out a lot of those Ranger boats for sure. That color scheme is beautiful. My previous boat was a Champion. It was a great deep water boat.

Don't underestimate the new tin boats though. They may not take the heavy swells quite as well as a glass boat but they are fast fast fast. I had the option to go with anything I wanted and chose to go with the tin boat this time. The Sea dek instead of carpet was a big factor too. Didn't hurt that Xpress is also an Arkansas built boat.

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
When I stopped in to visit Rick i got to check out his boat. It is a real beauty. Almost to nice to put in the water and get scratched up. I went with a Sea Ark aluminum boat just because of all the rocks out here. Just every reservoir has extra rocky banks or should I say boulders. It's also made in Arkansas. If I can ever get my Scull boat sold I'm going to have Sea Dek put in my boat. Due to the drought out here I haven't had my boat in the water this whole past summer.

·
Registered
490 Posts
When I stopped in to visit Rick i got to check out his boat. It is a real beauty. Almost to nice to put in the water and get scratched up. I went with a Sea Ark aluminum boat just because of all the rocks out here. Just every reservoir has extra rocky banks or should I say boulders. It s also made in Arkansas. If I can ever get my Scull boat sold I m going to have Sea Dek put in my boat. Due to the drought out here I haven t had my boat in the water this whole past summer.

- BurlyBob
We have some rocky banks here in Arkansas too. Mostly in the northern mountain lake areas. The southern lakes are shallow with mud banks. But you can still scratch the finish. If I had a glass boat I would use a keel guard for sure!!

We have had a bit of a drought here this year as well (unusual for Arkansas). Most of the lakes in the North are down several feet.

You will love the Sea Dek!!

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Tolerable day in Phoenix today: high was only 96°.
Though humidity was ~30%, and much more sweaty than I like.

As soon as sunset, temps dropped into 80's accompanied with a nice breeze.
Spent a couple hours outside as night fell, breaking down today's 1200lb rust hunt treasures. Only challenge was constant mosquito attacks from all the rain recently. Luckily deet spray keep them from biting me.

Managed to grab a pic of basket case parts Unisaw. Was inside a cinder block building with a roof fire, then moved outside for last 2 years:
Plant Wood Gas Telephone Tree

It's got some decent parts that I can use, for much less then evilbay prices. My recent purchase of a quiet shop vac was put to the test, as it was best way to clean out cabinet full of wet saw dust, covered with burnt wood, roof shingles, and fiberglass insulation. Pulled fences, and extension tables from the other TS, so they store in shed with a smaller foot print. 'Rust bucket' bolts were sprayed with liquid wrench, and rolled inside garage for tear down next couple days.

Am exhausted, and going to be in pain tomorrow after today's exercise. Will call tomorrow a laundry day, maybe? The best part about today's treasure hunt is that SWMBO is out of town this week at a conference. So there were no dirty looks, sneers, or snide comments for bringing home 3 more Unisaw. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Welcome to HUMP day!

Rodent Organism Whiskers Fawn Cartoon

Taste of fall weather visiting Phoenix today?
Morning low was 73° with 78% RH, with a few light clouds.
Forecast high is only 94° today. Probability for rain has dropped to 1%, something not seen since monsoon season started. :)

Prefect weather to be outside spray painting equipment, if it wasn't 'laundry' day….
Instead; fed the dogs, ate 'extra' McD's biscuit sandwich son ordered to get over delivery minimum, and feel a nap attack is approaching.

More pictures from yesterdays rust haul?
Here is 1996 3HP 1PH Unisaw that is best of lot after removing the Biesemeyer fence, overarm guard, and waterlogged OSB extension table:
Wheel Tire Gas Machine Auto part

Other than surface rust on top and Arizona outdoor paint fade; height/tilt wheels work and seems to be OK. PO explained this saw was pushed outside a year ago to make room for large SCMI sliding TS. Based on rust and paint fade, thinking it was outside much longer.

Here is other Unisaw, a 3HP 3PH version:
Table Furniture Wood Rectangle Wood stain

Serial number plate is missing, so can only guess on vintage. Based on miter slots, and floor plan; had to be made prior to 1951; when dust pan in bottom was deleted. Handwheel spinner knob is replacement from later 70's vintage, as is dust door found stuffed inside with magnetic starter.

Staring at these pictures just sent a shiver down my spine, as I realize how much work it will take to put these two back into service. Does not matter. They were stashed into the storage shed last night as work for another date.

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Welcome to HUMP day!

Rodent Organism Whiskers Fawn Cartoon

Taste of fall weather visiting Phoenix today?
Morning low was 73° with 78% RH, with a few light clouds.
Forecast high is only 94° today. Probability for rain has dropped to 1%, something not seen since monsoon season started. :)

Prefect weather to be outside spray painting equipment, if it wasn t laundry day….
Instead; fed the dogs, ate extra McD s biscuit sandwich son ordered to get over delivery minimum, and feel a nap attack is approaching.

More pictures from yesterdays rust haul?
Here is 1996 3HP 1PH Unisaw that is best of lot after removing the Biesemeyer fence, overarm guard, and waterlogged OSB extension table:
Wheel Tire Gas Machine Auto part

Other than surface rust on top and Arizona outdoor paint fade; height/tilt wheels work and seems to be OK. PO explained this saw was pushed outside a year ago to make room for large SCMI sliding TS. Based on rust and paint fade, thinking it was outside much longer.

Here is other Unisaw, a 3HP 3PH version:
Table Furniture Wood Rectangle Wood stain

Serial number plate is missing, so can only guess on vintage. Based on miter slots, and floor plan; had to be made prior to 1951; when dust pan in bottom was deleted. Handwheel spinner knob is replacement from later 70 s vintage, as is dust door found stuffed inside with magnetic starter.

Staring at these pictures just sent a shiver down my spine, as I realize how much work it will take to put these two back into service. Does not matter. They were stashed into the storage shed last night as work for another date.

- CaptainKlutz
That looks like serious projects. But I can understand the love for all things machine!! I have seen more than my fair share of folks take a car that wasn't much more than a frame and rebuild it to showroom. Best of luck with your endeavors!! Be sure to post the finished products.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I accomplished absolutely noting today. Just one of those lazy sit around and do nothing sort of days. - BurlyBob
Not me!

Spent yesterday afternoon tearing down the fire roasted parts donor Unisaw yesterday. Motor was molten mess. Windings on exposed end were fused and shorted. The burnt electrical smell was worst part. All of the cast iron protected inside cabinet has only mild rust. Even the height and tilt shafts are in decent shape with only minor rust pitting, and not bent/damaged. The cast iron plinth is little crusty, but should clean up for reuse. TBH - if cabinet had not been badly desecrated for an upgraded modern motor, the TS would be 100% salvageable. :-(

Fry Day Weather?

Morning low was 73°, and is now sunny 96° with 25% RH in Phoenix east valley on this glorious Friday.
Occasional breeze started at 11am, and it was still only 90°. Really beautiful fall morning!

Normally would enjoy the breeze, but it was annoying as today was painting day. Started at 7am, as I moved everything into redneck outdoor paint booth the night before. :)

First Coat: 2K Epoxy Sealer
Property Textile Tablecloth Wood Shade

Second Coat: Delta Gray urethane alkyd enamel
Blue Interior design Shade Tent Wood

Had so much stuff to paint, ran out of places to put everything on 3 tables, and had to make more room.

Also moved TS extensions inside as only one side was painted, and sprayed a few straggler items in white that I missed last time. :) Sorry, no pictures of second color work.

Hopefully, I haven't missed anything, and everything for both Unisaw have been painted finally. Should be able to start assembly Sunday after enamel has hardened enough to be banged around. Be nice to recover some shop space. Tired of have every flat surface, covered in TS machine parts. Besides the pieces shown, my TS workstation is covered in most of the interior cast iron parts already painted.

Been up on my feet working for over 6 hours today. So happy with today's progress, grabbed my special frosted mug out of freezer, and poured me a cold beer. Should be a even bigger klutz in short time….

May your day be as productive as mine!

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Dry and getting warmer here again. No rain in forecast and upper 90s most of next week. Have to stick around next week for internet installation. Week after that is scheduled for side by side riding up in the mountains.

13981 - 14000 of 14053 Posts