LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1641 - 1660 of 1686 Posts

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Grizzly Sale:

Advertisement email text:

A Message from the CEO

Some Good News for a Change!

Before the pandemic we paid around $3500 per shipping container to bring our machines across the ocean. With all the "craziness" that took place last year, the shortage of shipping containers, and ships waiting for weeks outside of the LA port to be offloaded, the price per container rose to over $20,000! This increased the cost of all the items inside each container and we all saw prices in general rise.

As I write this today, the cost per shipping container has decreased to around $10,000 per container and while we have this reprieve, I'd like to pass along some savings to you, our loyal customers. Please enjoy 10%-30% off everything from June 21-30.

Secondly, you may have heard of section 179. It is commonly known as "Bonus Depreciation." What this means is that if you have a business, you can write off 100% of the cost of most capital expenditures this year. This is the last year you can take 100% depreciation so this is a great opportunity to buy at our lowest prices of the year and write off 100% of the purchase.

Please consult your accountant for clarity.

Thank you for your support!

Shiraz Balolia
CEO and Founder
Grizzly Industrial, Inc.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
This thread, more than any other, gets me in trouble with the missus…

I just missed the Wolverine jig sale. I'm kicking myself for not seeing it earlier.
This has been on my list for a while.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Mr. Balolia shouldn't be dispensing accounting advice on a public forum.

Section 179 scheduled equipment or property isn't new , or limited to this year.

How it impacts your situation is unique to you and you need to consult professional advice before thinking all of a sudden this tidbit magically affords you a new tool.

And you'll need the the full price of whatever you buy sitting around as surplus in your business to really take advantage of it. That doesn't apply to too many businesses.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Amazon Prime days start tomorrow, but they have a bunch already up and running. This page shows just the Home Improvement category.

I see a deal for Bessy Parallel clamps ( 2×24" & 2×40" bundle) for $200.
There's a bunch of battery Bosch stuff, if that is your battery format of preference.
Some Yost clamps and vises.

Plus 29 pages of other early deals.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
https://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_072222_SILI_ad.htm

I draw your attention to the "Sili Mat". I have had one for several years. It's 60" long and a little less that 24" wide. That covers a very large area for doing glue ups. It's thick (1/8"). Doesn't tear. About the only negative is that I used it to cover my bench when I sprayed a WB poly, and that doesn't come off easily. Glue comes off VERY easily. I'm going to get another one, and I highly recommend it. The brushes are good, but the mat is great. I'm going to try the roller.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Haven't posted a deal in a while because I haven't found one that's been worthy (other than the 12" grizzly G0609x Jointer with spiral cutter head I picked up for 2k) Any who.. Amazon has the Trend Diamond 300/1000 plate on sale for $68.39 after clicking the $30.00 coupon box underneath the price. That's the cheapest I have ever seen this plate sell for. 3 camels agree. Trend Diamond Plate

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RZJ0F0/?coliid=I30KQ8G2PT84J2&colid=32RMES52F2NC5&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

·
Premium Member
10,583 Posts

I draw your attention to the "Sili Mat". I have had one for several years. It s 60" long and a little less that 24" wide. That covers a very large area for doing glue ups. It s thick (1/8"). Doesn t tear. About the only negative is that I used it to cover my bench when I sprayed a WB poly, and that doesn t come off easily. Glue comes off VERY easily. I m going to get another one, and I highly recommend it. The brushes are good, but the mat is great. I m going to try the roller.

- brtech
I decided to get the large mat to cover my workbench when doing glue ups and other "wet work" (note: I am not a hit man:) to protect the top. Surprisingly, the shipping was also free.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
11,067 Posts

I draw your attention to the "Sili Mat". I have had one for several years. It s 60" long and a little less that 24" wide. That covers a very large area for doing glue ups. It s thick (1/8"). Doesn t tear. About the only negative is that I used it to cover my bench when I sprayed a WB poly, and that doesn t come off easily. Glue comes off VERY easily. I m going to get another one, and I highly recommend it. The brushes are good, but the mat is great. I m going to try the roller.

- brtech

I decided to get the large mat to cover my workbench when doing glue ups and other "wet work" (note: I am not a hit man:) to protect the top. Surprisingly, the shipping was also free.

- Lazyman
Silicone is pretty much silicone as far as glue sticking and stuff like that. Amazon sells many that are a lot bigger than the ones sold for "woodworking" I got one that is supposed to be for kids, with all kinds of dinosaurs, and kid stuff patterns. I think it was 8 bux, it's 6' x 5' and nothing much sticks to it.

If you can take the hit to your Man points account, it makes better sense than most of the smallish "woodworking" mats.

Couldn't find the one I bought, but they have more than they did when I got mine. Most are far less than what I frequently see them sold for.

·
Premium Member
10,583 Posts
I looked for comparable mats on Amazon before I pulled the trigger but most were odd shapes that would have required me to cut them or were otherwise too small. The Silimat turns out to be exactly the size of my new work bench which will be nice when I am applying finishes or large glue ups.

1641 - 1660 of 1686 Posts