LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Homemade Photography Lightbox on the Cheap

Are you tired of dark and grainy photos of your beautiful projects? Tired of having a terrible photo represent your hard work and craftsmanship? What you need is a photography lightbox or light tent, but commercially available light boxes can cost up to $500! The following is a tutorial on how to build your own custom lightbox for under $50. I've sampled a number on online resources and different techniques to present this tutorial.

the gorgeous results!

The lamps and project in place

See the full tutorial here: http://m1c2.com/2011/03/homemade-photography-light-box-on-the-cheap/

· Banned
2,577 Posts

Are you tired of dark and grainy photos of your beautiful projects? Tired of having a terrible photo represent your hard work and craftsmanship? What you need is a photography lightbox or light tent, but commercially available light boxes can cost up to $500! The following is a tutorial on how to build your own custom lightbox for under $50. I've sampled a number on online resources and different techniques to present this tutorial.

the gorgeous results!

See the full tutorial here: http://m1c2.com/2011/03/homemade-photography-light-box-on-the-cheap/
I have 2 lightboxes I bought on Amazon…one is a 30' cube and the other is a 16" cube that folds into a sort of briefcase. Bothwere very inexpensive…under $40. They really improved the quality of my photos and are well worth the investment.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

the gorgeous results!

You can use any muslin fabric from a fabric store. You'll just need enough to cover the top and two sides of your box. I bought my fabric in 2 foot by 3 foot pieces from Michaels crafts. Purchased two for about $3.50 each.

The lights I purchased from Lowes. It took forever to find them but I needed daylight bulbs. I bought the 27W florescent daylight bulbs but realized that the box I used is pretty large and I need either another bulb or stronger ones. If you can find the old fashion incandescent bulbs, I would stick to those. These cost about $5 each.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.