LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
I have used Holbren before for helical cutters, and they seem to be a good company. I can't remember if I ordered my last set of jointer knives from Holbren or Global. Straight blade, three knife sets are pretty inexpensive. I just don't enjoy setting the knives anymore.
As far as quality, the knives I have from Delta, Grizzly, and Global all seem about the same. They are HSS, not carbide, so they don't last forever.

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
I bought a set of Titan planer knives for my 15" Delta planer from Holbren, and I thought they were better quality than the OEM. Way less expensive also. Great company to deal with as well. Bought quite a few router bits (Whiteside) and a couple of saw blades from them as well (Ridge Carbide). Fast shipping, great CS, and good products all around.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I bought quite a few Whiteside bits from them, cheapest price anywhere for what I wanted.

Delivery to Canada was very slow though.

·
Registered
18,242 Posts
I just bought knives for my jointer from Holbren. They were at the house in 3 days. I haven't run much over them due to all the fiddling with the jointer to get it set back up but the felt sharp to the finger and were all the same height. Id purchase again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.