LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
The Romance of the Mahogany Tree

Today, I just completed another woodworking tribute video. This time, I looked at the discovery and harvest of the Mahogany Trees in the 18th Century from the Caribbean to the Western World. The video gives praise to Jonathan Card and his wood-cutting crew. It is also a celebration of Reggae music. You can find it at

·
Banned
2,679 Posts

Today, I just completed another woodworking tribute video. This time, I looked at the discovery and harvest of the Mahogany Trees in the 18th Century from the Caribbean to the Western World. The video gives praise to Jonathan Card and his wood-cutting crew. It is also a celebration of Reggae music. You can find it at
I enjoyed it … very informative. Good job!

·
Registered
5,472 Posts

Tom, your vids are a welcome diversion. Much appreciated.
Bill

·
Registered
9,142 Posts

Tom,

I learn something new (most of the time, LOL) when I watch your videos. You are the Ken Burns of woodworking!

·
Registered
21,115 Posts

You do a wonderful job Tom. Luvin the music also

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

Great job on this informative and entertaining video … Not for every one, but for us woodworkers it's jammed full of great information … I appreciate your research and work in putting this together.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts

Very interesting and well researched. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Surprising explaination of content. The creator well portrays all focal spots related with the subject. Sex Workers in Delhi Appreciative for sharing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Israel and Albert Sack, Godfathers of Early American Furniture

This historic woodworker tribute video flashes back to the days when the price of antique furniture was always going up, and Americans loved early American furniture. The video focuses on the most prolific antique firms in the county, Israel Sacks, Inc., and that family's ability to secure higher prices and more value for wooden furniture. IF you are curious about these life-stories or just like Antique Roadshows, click on my latest video at

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
John and Thomas Seymour, 18th Century Federal Cabinetmakers

Three days before the big holiday, I wanted to publish another historical woodworker tribute on a father-son team of cabinet-makers who created some of the finest Federal Furniture - John and Thomas Seymour. They made furniture in Portland Maine and Boston MA.

You can find the video at

Over the years have made a long series of tributes and feel I am coming to the end of this series. When you at the YouTube Hoosierwoodcraft, Please subscribe.

Thank you and Merry Christmas

·
Registered
9,142 Posts

Three days before the big holiday, I wanted to publish another historical woodworker tribute on a father-son team of cabinet-makers who created some of the finest Federal Furniture - John and Thomas Seymour. They made furniture in Portland Maine and Boston MA.

Over the years have made a long series of tributes and feel I am coming to the end of this series. When you at the YouTube Hoosierwoodcraft, Please subscribe.

I guess I am your number one fan. You've done a great job. Editing and photographing as well as the other tasks are time consuming. My friend CharlieK was lost his enthusiasm for interviewing YouTube woodworkers as it didn't get a big response.

Told my wife you are the Ken Burns of Woodworking!

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·

Thank you so much. It has been fun.

·
Registered
12,820 Posts

Doc said it all. Thanks for compiling these excellent videos.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts

It's a lot of work! If you still enjoy it, don't quit! But there is a nice body of work you have posted. Wish more people would check it out. Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Leslie Garland Bolling created dignity and beauty in award winning wooden sculptures

In the last three months, I have researched and put together a video tribute to another woodworker, the 56th in the series. This video focuses on an African American sculptor in the 1920s named Leslie Garland Bolling. He captured the dignity and beauty of his family and friends in small eight-inch wooden carving. The research pulled me into the Harlem Renaissance - which was a joy and revelation for me.

This video can be found at
Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Leslie Garland Bolling created dignity and beauty in award winning wooden sculptures

In the last three months, I have researched and put together a video tribute to another woodworker, the 56th in the series. This video focuses on an African American sculptor in the 1920s named Leslie Garland Bolling. He captured the dignity and beauty of his family and friends in small eight-inch wooden carving. The research pulled me into the Harlem Renaissance - which was a joy and revelation for me.

This video can be found at
Hope you enjoy.
Missed this one. Will be watching!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Historic tribute to a Japanese carpenter

In 1893, America celebrated Columbus Day with a World's Fair in Chicago. The Fair represented the first time that most Americans (at least 8 million citizens) had ever seen Japanese carpenters at work, observed their tools and precision, and walked thru a Japanese building to see different construction techniques. The year 1893 represented the first time most Americans began to respect Japanese woodworking.

Today, I have captured that event with a video on the life-story of Koun Takamura, the carpenter, who was most responsible in convincing his Emperor and nation to develop this international pavilion (a true timber framing masterpiece) and how he created a few decorations that Americans loved. His efforts results in the first awards that Japan had ever earned in international fine art recognition.

So if you are curious about Japanese woodworking, here is an opportunity to see hand tools in action. The video can be found at

·
Registered
9,142 Posts

In 1893, America celebrated Columbus Day with a World's Fair in Chicago. The Fair represented the first time that most Americans (at least 8 million citizens) had ever seen Japanese carpenters at work, observed their tools and precision, and walked thru a Japanese building to see different construction techniques. The year 1893 represented the first time most Americans began to respect Japanese woodworking.

Today, I have captured that event with a video on the life-story of Koun Takamura, the carpenter, who was most responsible in convincing his Emperor and nation to develop this international pavilion (a true timber framing masterpiece) and how he created a few decorations that Americans loved. His efforts results in the first awards that Japan had ever earned in international fine art recognition.

So if you are curious about Japanese woodworking, here is an opportunity to see hand tools in action. The video can be found at
Got excited when the email came up. Another video by Tom.. Terrific!

·
Registered
6,584 Posts

Very interesting and great message

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
The Adventures of Lemuel Chenoweth to create timber-framed covered bridges

The last few months I have been researching the science and techniques to create a timber-framed covered bridge using the techniques of the 19th century. If you are curious about how woodworkers built a wooden bridge in the 1840s, click on the link below.

121 - 140 of 168 Posts