LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Apologies in advance- I KNOW there are at least 50 of these threads floating out there, but it just takes so darn long to wade through them and find what you're looking for….

My top 8:
- New/used table saw max price $1800 or so
- mostly to be used for ripping and some joinery.
- small shop = smaller footprint (no need for greater than 36" fence)
- GREAT DUST COLLECTION!
- Cabinet or Hybrid w/ solid trunnions
- Riving knife
- Great, accurate fence
- Mobile base nice, but I can deal with modifying after the fact

Based in Detroit MI, in case anyone is nearby and can fit the bill!

· Registered
40 Posts
1800 can buy a lot of saw. I favor new versus used but on the used market 1800 could get a really nice saw so get on craigslist and see what's out there.

Either way, your budget puts you in the market for a true cabinet saw. If you can do 220 volt equipment thats the way to go.

In that price range the a Grizzly 690 or 1023 series would be good options. And if you don't want huge rip capacity the base versions of either model will meet your needs and leave withba little of that 1800 left over for good blades, zero clearance inserts, or maybe an upgraded miter guage and you'd be in business with a really robust and capable saw.

· Registered
8,321 Posts
...In that price range the a Grizzly 690 or 1023 series would be good options. And if you don t want huge rip capacity the base versions of either model will meet your needs and leave withba little of that 1800 left over for good blades, zero clearance inserts, or maybe an upgraded miter guage and you d be in business with a really robust and capable saw.
Ditto…arguably the most saw for the money in a new saw that fits your requirements.

· Registered
5,188 Posts
Relying on the people here to tell you what saw to buy is not the right way to go.

You need to put in the time and work and do the due diligence by reading reviews.
That's what most of us here did (at least I did)

Only you know yourself and what you're doing and what you need.

There are myriad review sites you can Google.
You'll know which ones are legit.

· Registered
21,780 Posts
If I was looking to spend that much, I'd go new and I'd probably go Grizzly as well. Jet and Sawstop make some nice saws but I think they're a bit overpriced (unless of course you're worried about cutting fingers off). You should be able to go with a very nice Grizzly and have some left over.

On the other hand, there are good cabinet saws to be had on CL for a fraction of the new price that might give you more saw for a good deal less $. If I were to go that route, I'd keep an eye out for Powermatic, Unisaw and Delta.

Just my .02. Like you said, read and read and read and read. There's is tons of info out there but bear in mind, most of that, like this post, is only one persons opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.