LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner

Help Identifying Drawer Piece

294 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  WoodenDreams
Howdy folks
Apologies if I've posted in the wrong area.
I am looking for replacement parts to repair an old chest of drawers/dresser. The plastic rail slider/runner parts, as shown in picture 1. they slot in to the 4 holes on the side of the dresser as depicted in picture 2. the side of each drawer has a cut-out just big enough to slide on to each long piece as shown in picture 3.
the plastic rail/slider (including depth of screwhole protuberances) is 305 mm x 15.5x x 20 mm (12 by 5/8 x 3/4 ") , and the slot in the drawer is 19 mm x 6.5 mm (3/4 x 1/4 ").
I am having a lot of trouble finding the correct item; mostly because I am visually impaired so need assistance from someone to help look for me, and the keywords I'm using just don't seem to work.
I tried this item,
however it doesn't work as the screw holes do not protrude to stick in to the holes in the wood; I tried attaching it anyway by just the 2 end screwholes, sticking a long screw through, but the piece is just too thick for the cut-outs in the drawer so the drawer doesn't slide in.
Any thoughts as to where I can look, and which might be the correct search terms I should be using?

Thanks kindly for any and all suggestions.

See less See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Some stuff is not made to be repaired. The part might be available, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Better off looking for a replacement IMO. Similar pieces may be at IKEA, Target, Container store, etc..

Cheers, Jay
I would just modify the drawer sides to the new drawer slides you need. Drawer slides are available all over.,,, Home Depot, and many hardware stores, etc.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 3 of 3 Posts