LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Ok guys… It's been a while since I posted on here. I've been quietly lurking checking out projects but have been so busy in the shop that I haven't been able to get on here.

Today I'm on a mission. And I don't know why I didn't check here first. It would have saved so much time. I've called and talked to several stores locally (and not so local)... they are clueless. I think the stores menu should have the option "please let me talk to someone who knows about tools" .

Anyhow… I have a Craftsman 9.5 Amp 1 3/4 Peak HbyhvygP Fixed Base Router (model no 320.17541).

It says that it will take a 1/4" or 1/2" collet. I have the 1/4". I'm wanting the 1/2". I'm having a hard time finding the part that I want. I just don't know for sure what I'm looking for. And I need some help. Even if its the link to the dang parts place. I keep searching and I keep finding bosch. Is that interchangeable?

Also… I did find this part… is this all I need? Or is there more to it? In my search I've found collet nuts and collet chucks. I don't know much about the parts and stuff. I just like making stuff :)

Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Banned
69 Posts
Hi Angieo !
I have a skill router and mine also has a 1/4" or 1/2" collet
but it came with a 1/4" collet and you just take the 1/4 collet out and put your 1/2" router bit in, the 1/4" collet is just a reducer for smaller bits you dond't need a 1/2" reducer. I hope this helps you !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.