LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
anyone know where i can get some hardwood, softwood sold by the board ft in buford ga im new to the area and actually ive never brought wood from anywhere else but the big box stores and they charge by the linear ft i also dont have a joiner i do own a tickness planer if that helps so rough cut i dont think would be in my best interests unles anyone can help me with maybe some jigs of the sort to handle rough cut i just hate spending so much money at the big box thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Your about four hours from me, I recommend Craigs List. You should have many local sawyers in your area. Call around and see who's milling lumber. There should be some lumber yards near you that sale retail unless you have a business license. Go to a locally owned hardware store or building supply (not the big box stores) or ask a large animal vet (they get around a lot).

I'd start here suwaneelumber Never shopped there, I just Googled it.

Remember S4S costs more go to finewoodworking or just do an internet search on jointing with (whatever tool, saw, router)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.