LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm looking for local dealers in MA, preferably North of Boston that have a decent inventory of hardwood and rough sawn lumber to use for various projects. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I have primarily used pine purchased from the big box stores in the past and I am looking to get away from that in order to make higher quality projects. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you aren't adverse to crossing the northern border, Highland Hardwoods in Brentwood, NH has about the largest inventory I have ever seen in one place and it is typically high grade material. They can be a bit pricy but they often have sales so if you watch their home page, you can often get some pretty good buys. I really miss being able to shop there since my move to the south land.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I second Highland that tnwood mentioned. good inventory with better prices is Higgins flooring in rochester NH. A bit further away but not that far if you're picking up a bunch of wood. No tax.
http://higginswoodfloors.com

Their name is flooring (good prices there too) but they also have wood racks., pine, maple, oak, walnut, cherry, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not sure if I am allowed to post that I have available live edge slabs, Bark Ovals, squared stock etc in Maple, spalted, Quilt, curly, Butternut, some refer as white walnut. ash, white cedar, and many more. I have access to all of this because I manage over 2000 acres of wooded Properties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.